585,715 active members*
3,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Keyboard Error or No Keyboard Present

Milltronics Keyboard Error or No Keyboard Present

Hi All-

I'm working on a Milltronics BR50 with a Centurion 6 Control. After throwing the main breaker the control begins to boot up and then freezes mid-boot with an error message and will not continue booting up. It's stuck on the error message and I have no power to my spindle or axis drives. The error message says "KEYBOARD ERROR OR NO KEYBOARD PRESENT". I tried connecting an external keyboard to the control and re-booting but had the same error. Next, I unplugged the keyboard connector at the CPU board in the card cage and hooked up a known-working external keyboard but I still have the same error message. This troubleshooting should have eliminated the KEYBOARD ENCODER Board that sits behind the main panel from the mix of possibilities. The bottom of my screen says "Press F1 to Continue or DEL to enter Setup" but nothing I try allows me to continue booting past this error message. I have good incoming 3 phase voltage...my 110VAC is there, and I have 24VDC across TB12 and TB22. Does anybody have any ideas?

I really appreciate the time anyone takes to read and/or reply to this post.

Regards!

If the keyboard plugged directly into the motherboard doesn't work, I would expect the motherboard/SBC card may be bad.
    Send a PM to SportyBob, I think he has a source for replacement SBC cards.

Thanks ZZZZ I appreciate your time!