584,805 active members*
4,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Anyone have experience with pricing for low volume metal stamping companies?

Anyone have experience with pricing for low volume metal stamping companies?

Simple, small, box type structures (been using a brake and it doesn't look quality) - nothing fancy in design. Anyone have any knowledge of what low production run companies charge (ball park figure) per unit, or how do they operate? Also, and suggestions on who to contact with inexpensive pricing for a startup company, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe you could use a bud box at www.budind.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

regardless of quantities, a box likely 5x5 inches 2 inch height wil cost thoushands itself the cutting and another thoushands the folding tool..
    the dme housing what used for this not cheap at all.. plus the manufacturing cost for the tool..

you might have to pay for in advance..

cutting cost on this project (guessing you talk about a box with 4 side folded up)

cutting with water or laser the unfolded parts.. mightbe trumatic..

and mount on the break some super precise stops.. you can have closely or same result than from tools.. of course more cost per piece, and slower..

those stamp tools are expensive, because they makes the massproduction.. a good tool makes 20-24 K parts daily.. so on the end a box will be as low as almost just the material price..

but for this you have to invest a lot on front..

Thanks. After looking around, I actually might be able to use a cooking pan - they come in all sizes and shapes and materials. I would have to punch a hole in the bottom though for my project. I have a 20 ton press. Would fabbing up a 1/4 thick wall (maybe that thickness is too big?) round pipe, with an edge ground all the way around, to make it very sharp, and a connection piece for connecting the "punch" to the ram/press work for punching a hole in the bottom? If I have the bottom of the pan sitting on plate steel, and lower the fabbed punch onto the bottom of the pan, and engage the ram, would it cut through the material? Thoughts on this? Thanks!

It would be quicker to use an arbor press with a modified Greenlee punch.

Yea, but the hole is going to be rectangular - approx. 4"x5"...