585,954 active members*
3,816 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser for cutting plastics

Can you recommend something for cutting plastic. I want to make something like this :
    http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/dy...c_327743S1.jpg
    Size is maximum 1,5mm.

Price is very important because it is for a hobby.

I think i dont need laser with computer inducement, mybe something cheaper

Sry for my poor english )

thanks in advance

How about this little puppy
    You can cut and engrave In 3d
    I don't think 40w lasers can cut

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=130999706774

Well the power should not too big as it is easily to get fire . And you need add air assist while cutting . One more thing ,you need careful that there will be toxic gas appear .
    Would you mind sending me the file ? I would like to make one .

By the way ,at present we have some overstocked laser machine in stock, in order to save space,
    we clear up our following stock products whose price is cheaper than regular offer . If you are interested , welcome to contact me : [email protected]

Best regards,
    Mary

HowStuffWorks "How a Vinyl Record is Made"

Made of PVC, the gasses are highly toxic and corrosive

cheers

Dave

ChrisW - Yes lasers are VERY capable of cutting records. Also looked at the CNC... Would not recommend as it requires XP or 2000. (Old technology) Also seems like you need to purchase Mach3 and maybe I missed it, but drawing software as well.

EXLASer - Thanks again for using the forum to sell try and sell your equipment. (NOT)

Exsecratio - CORRECT - PVC - Bad, Bad, Bad....

A 40 watt laser engraver will cut up to 1/4 inch thick wood, acrylic , leather,ect
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    How about this little puppy
    You can cut and engrave In 3d
    I don't think 40w lasers can cut

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=130999706774

wklaserliu Guest
    hi Sanjo,

Bigbird is right ,yes 40w is ok for cutting wood, acrylic , leather, for 1.5mm plastic is no problem,

Dear how big working size you need, from your enclosed photo , i think your working area is also small

dear Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser you could go for news.

dear we have one model price range : 600 to 2000 $ is in your target ?

ok for more news please conatct me :

[email protected]

G.weike laser in Jinan city

Cutting Vinyl on any laser other than one specifically made to deal with toxic / corrosive waste products is going to end in a broken laser and likely knackered lungs if your lucky, if your unlucky the results can be fatal. (the big D word...as in DEAD)

Hydrogen Chloride is released

@ 1-5 parts per million you can smell it
    @ 50 parts per million you will have irritation of the windpipe and chest
    @ 100 parts per million you can no longer stay in that atmosphere without severe ,debilitating side effects
    @ 1,000 parts per million you die within minutes (roughly 15 times more dangerous than Carbon Monoxide)

(Stahl Q.R, "Air effects of hydrochloric acid")

cheers

Dave

Visited a laser user in Ohio with an Epilog laser. They cut vinyl periodically. The inside of the laser machine had what looked like rust. I saw this and inquired if he was cutting PVC, and he said yes. Told him that this caused the damage, he replied that he was the operator and it was not his machine.

Visited a laser owner in New York. They cut vinyl. After six months of use, their laser focus assembly on the Eurolaser fell off--it had corroded off and the bearings fell out (Z height linear actuator). The laser machine technician came in and told them not to cut PVC. The woman in New York, one of the owners, said the smell was very bad while they cut it and she was worried that she sustained long term health damage due to exposure, and was perturbed that we was not warned when she purchased the laser machine.

If you search the internet of PVC for the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and check the fire section (applying the infrared laser heat is like a fire), then you can read about the recommended fireman safety precautions for burning PVC (always wear respiration gear).