585,712 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Generate tool paths for multiple parts

Generate tool paths for multiple parts

Hello,
    I've made some tool paths for a single part that I was successfully able to mill, however, I tried to duplicate the part and generate tool paths for 4 parts from one blank but am not able to figure out how to do this. I was able to duplicate the part and add the path to drill the holes and create the main pocket. I cannot figure out how to use the slot cutter to perform the undercut. There are two MCX files in the zip. V4 is of the single part and V5 is of multiple parts. The tools I have available to me can be seen in V4 and are:

#9 Drill
    1/4 flat end mill
    Slot Cutter .625 diameter / .0425 height

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Viral
    Attached Files Attached Files

TRANSFORM IT

Is this what you are looking for??

I have mastercam X4 and cannot open the file. I will try to get X5 soon and check it out.

I opened it. With the way you have created the tool paths I would have to change bits several times per part. I was hoping to run the 1/4in endmill to create all the pockets. Then use the slot cutter and create all the slots for each part. Is this possible?

There is a member of CNCzone going by the name DonkeyHotey who sorted this out a while ago. Have a look at this thread starting at post #28.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/master...ixtures-2.html
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I was just showing you the Transform ToolPath operation. I wasn't making an operator friendly program. Essentially you do the transform after each different tool and it will run all parts with that tool then on to the next.

Thank you Tony and Geoff! I was able to generate the tool paths that I wanted with both of your advice. Thanx again!