584,802 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport INTERACT I Mk2 TNC 150 lost parametres

Bridgeport INTERACT I Mk2 TNC 150 lost parametres

Please help me to get the parametres of a Bridgeport INTERACT I Mk2 with TNC150 CNC control . Magic Thanks

been a while since i have been on that control, but im sure you have to press the mod button.

Did you get the parameters I emailed you

Re: Bridgeport INTERACT I Mk2 TNC 150 lost parametres

Hello all you Bridgeport INTERACT MK2 users, We have an old Bridgeport INTERACT with the Heidanhain TNC 155 controller and there is no one left in the shop that has ever turned it on. I turned it on and it goes through the memory test and the Power Interrupted message comes on. I hit the CE button and it wants to check the three axis and is still in manual mode. I am stuck at this point. I can not get the table to move with the joy sticks and can not put in any Z,X or Y points. I checked what we have left of a manual and it said hit the external start button four times to bypass the axis request. The buttons on the left side of the controller no longer have labels. Is the top Yellow button the start button? There is a green button with a I on it and a red button in addition to the emergency stop button. I have a small CNC machine running Mach 3 but would like to use the INTERACT to do some larger canned cycle stuff 12x12x.5 aluminum plate. But at this point I can not even use it in manual mode.

Hi BooherCNC,

Not totally sure as its been a while, try pressing the yellow button this should kick the drives in then press the green button which is the cycle start this should work. : /

Thanks for the input, I will be back in the shop Tuesday night and give it a shot.
    Mike B

hit power enable

cycle start
    cycle start
    cycle start

done

start your own thread

Thanks for all your help. It turned out that the Red button on the controller had intermittent contact. Removed it cleaned it and put it back on . When I got back to the screen that I was stuck on, I realized the Z axis was highlighted and when I manual pushed a limit switch on the Y axis it was highlighted. So I opened up the cover on the Spindle and the top limit switches had been over run. I turned off the system hand turned the Z axis to clear the limit switch. I am not at the point where I can move all the axis but have a software limit problem now. I will fix that next and fill you all in. This machine has been ideal for about 5 years and I hate to see it not used. Since I do not have a manual that tells me the name of the colored buttons on the left I would like to label them with the proper names. the only one that still has identification is the fluid mist and flood. The top yellow button is not marked, the seconded button mist and flood is. The third button Green had an I in the middle and the fourth button Red is not marked. And of course the Estop is a given. I believe the yellow button kicks on the axis motors and the green button is cycle start. Thanks again, I really enjoy this stuff.
    Also if anyone has the parameters on the soft limits, I can plug that in as well.

Mike B.

I can move all the axis now but have a soft limit problem.

Parameters may be wrong for positive and negative distance from home switch, or you may have a switch or marker pulse issue if it is not homing.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks machinetec, I downloaded the parameters and will figure out the softlimits. Not sure what you mean about the pulse marker.

Switches are not an exact way to home a machine. Thus the control looks for the home switch, and then looks for the marker pulse on the encoder. This marker pulse occurs typically once per revolution of the motor. Once the marker pulse is seen, the control starts counting using the encoder.Thus a accurate way to home a machine.
    A problem with machines sometimes is that the marker pulse and home switch occur at the same time. Temperature, oil and coolant, etc can allow the switch to make just before or just after the marker pulse. This will make home vary by 1 turn of the motor and put you in hard limits.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Still having Soft limit problem. I have the actual Z at 0 but refunds says 440 . How do I tell the system were 0 home is .

MP 44 : +457,327 [x limit]

MP 45 : -1,270 [x limit]

MP 46 : +304,928 [y limit]

MP 47 : +0,000 [y limit]

MP 48 : +2,000 [z limit]

MP 49 : -127,127 [z limit]

from the parameter lists on this site

Thanks Gus, I am not sure what I did to the Z axis. I was only working what I believed to be in the X and Y. I can run the X and Y axis to the mechanical stops + and -. At the moment the spindle is approx. .250 to the negative and will not come any lower. Soft limit warning comes on screen. Thanks for the parameters. I down loaded a few from the site and here is what I have. The information above from you, and 151parafunc from this site says, MP44 +1,000, MP45 -400,000 MP 46 +300,000, MP47 -1,000, MP48 +1,000 and MP49-100,000. The 151para also down loaded from this site say, MP44 +8,000, MP45 -440,000, MP46 +0,000, MP47 -295,000, MP48 +0,000, MP49 -119,000. I also downloaded a third one MP44 +8.100, MP45-449.000, MP46 6.200, MP47 -298.900, MP48 +8.300 and MP49 -116.800. So if we compare just on parameter MP44. I have +457.327, +1,000, +8,000 and +8.100. You can see where I am having trouble wrapping my head around this. On my Mach 3 I hit Ref all home, she homes and am ready to zero the bit on the part and make chips. I will be back in the shop on Saturday and will compare your parameters to what is in the machine and plug your numbers in and see if I can tweak it. Thanks again. Mike B.

look under [IIRC]
    MOD
    USER PARAMETERS
    LIMITS
    there are user changeable soft limits that may get munged when you lose parameters

the parameters I listed are specific to one machine, not your machine and need to be changed to match your machine

EDIT:
    your machine must be set up to home differently from the one those parameters came from

Thanks Gus. I figured each machine has its own parameters due to limit switch dogs. Pulses etc. I will use the numbers as a ballpark and tweak from there.