584,829 active members*
4,853 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Leblond / Fanuc OM Lube Pressure No 2050 Oil Pressure Alarm

Leblond / Fanuc OM Lube Pressure No 2050 Oil Pressure Alarm

I have a Leblond/Makino FNC-106 with a Fanuc OM control. We have been getting a lube error on the console & fault light. Once the fault light comes on you can't clear it with a reset, or drip feed a program or type a program in from the console. The machine is getting plenty of way oil. There is what looks like a pressure sensor on the Showa lube system, but I don't know how to check it. The lube pump is functioning ok, the hydraulic reservoir is full & has 550 psi & the spindle chiller works & the site buble has oil circulating.

This error has been coming & going for a few months now. The machine will run for about 15 minutes without an alarm. The only way I can find to reset the error so that I can drip feed is to completely power down.

I've got a job on the table that has to get out.

Can anybody tell me how to reset the error so that we can execute commands or have a possible solution to the fault light?

Thanks,

Mike

My guess is you have bad meetering units. Im also guessing your using more oil than you used to. If the meetering units don't close with the pump pressure, you will have excessive oil consumption, and the pump is not building enough pressure to activate the pressure switch. Cracked lines will also cause this problem, however you will see a dry way.

Sent from my Quantum using Tapatalk

Do you have a "button" to implement a manual lube cycle?
    The machine may be looking for a successful lube cycle to have been completed before you can cancel the fault, which I suspect is PMC generated.
    If, you have the button, keep undertaking manual lube cycles until you can clear the fault.
    I know this is how we used to programme our machines when I worked for a MTB, not a Fanuc control, but i would guess the same principles?

Yes we are using more oil, so I would agree the little manifold / metering blocks are not in that great of shape. We had huge problem with our way oil on one of my large Tarus mills about two years ago. The way oil turned to a milk color & was the consistency of soap & plugged all the THK blocks. We wound up flushing the entire machine with kerosene for about three days & putting it under 150psi to clear everything. When we opened up a port on this Makino we got some pretty cruddy looking oil out @ first.

I can take care of flushing the lube system, but how can I override this alarm without rebooting the machine every 15 minutes. I have 2 six spindle gang heads to build this weekend for a drill machine that a customer is coming in Monday morning to review?

Probably not much you can do to change the alarm right now, it would require a ladder modification. Ive never had much luck flushing a waylube system, even taking apart the manifolds is a PIA if you can even get the replacement seals for the meetering plungers. The gear type pumps with the meetering pistons run about 215PSI when working correctly. The problem your going to run in to without fixing it is your going to wear something out. Loss of pressure means somewhere some of the units orts are not functioning at all, starving a way or ballscrew of oil.

Sent from my Quantum using Tapatalk

Re: Leblond / Fanuc OM Lube Pressure No 2050 Oil Pressure Alarm

Im having the same Alarm 2050 on a TT 2500S machine. Have been pressing the manual button to pass through the alarm but im certain alarm will show up again. Would there be any way of diagnosing where the leak is coming from? we are going to pull the main lubrication system out but im guessing its the lines that might be cracked and dont want to spend too much down time.