585,737 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Spindle Orientation

I have a 1993 HAAS VF-2 it took a hard crash and now the spindle is out of orientation and I have no manuals for this machine. It doesn't have the parameter for adjustment as the newer machines we have. I was wondering if anyone has any information that might help me fix this problem?

This gets rather involved..

There is a indexing ring on the transmision..it is a small ring with a detent in it, that a shot pin goes into, to index and hold the spindle in orientation during tool changes..

You will have to remove spindle covers to even see this ring and to gain access to it..

Then it is a matter of resetting it to the right orientation.

If you PM me I would be more than glad to give you my phone number and walk you thru it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

you could try

try changing the spindle orientation parameter setting turn off the parameter lock then find the parameter for spindle orient and just change the value untill the spindle orientates to the proper position

Daleman,

Older models (IE:93) did not have a orientation parameter it was done by a mechanical ring and shot pin..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

we have a 1993 vf1 and that has the parameter setting for spindle orientation

Well I can't argue with that..but my 93 VF3 made 2/93 has a mechanical spindle orientation ring and no parrameter..so maybe it was a flying change that happened some time in 93..and he did state he did not have a parameter to set the spindle orientation on his machine ..

Thanks for the information WMS, I removed the cover, loosen the ring and align the shot, reorientation done and now we back up making chips. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries..Glad you back at it..