585,698 active members*
3,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Trying to find out more information about a "misterious" CNC used machine -see pics

Trying to find out more information about a "misterious" CNC used machine -see pics

Hello....I was offered an used CNC machine but we were not able to find out the brand and I don`t have detailed information about the quality or specifications.
    Would anybody recognize it or provide insights about the design and quality of the components?
    Thanks in advance!

homemade cnc, worth the sum of the parts

They are high quality servo's by Allen-Bradley, where is the Z axis, it must be a very rigid machine with that Z axis height?
    Was it ever in production, or is this a project that was abandoned?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It looks like it would be fairly rigid, since the gantry is running on elevated walls instead of being propped up on wobbly supports, and extremely fast, what with those high-powered motors and very coarse ballscrews. Is it actually working right now? You didn't say how much they were asking for it, but it could be a good deal if it really runs. If it doesn't, then getting those servos to work correctly might be a major project. But mechanically, from what I can see of it, it looks pretty good. However, I don't see any Z axis or spindle- were those removed for some reason, or was this a project that was abandoned halfway through?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thanks guys! The owner mentioned it is an industrial machine (not homemade) and it was used to cut cell phones and computer circuit boards. He has all the parts but disassembled ( not sure why ). He is asking around 6k ( US dollars ) ...he does have the Z axis but I would need to be modified for more flexibility since it only has a 35 mm movement. It is a very heavy machine indeed ....just the base would weight about 500Kg :-)
    Thanks again for the replies ....I loved the machine but tuning the servos and finding a place to put it are my biggest concerns.