584,866 active members*
5,065 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Best coolant

Page 2 of 2 12

Best coolant

Hello Redridertwo,

Please give us a try! I'm confident you'll be impressed with what Blaser Swisslube has to offer. Contact me for a product recommendation at 801-722-4095.

Best regards,

Brett Reynolds, CMFS
    Sr. Applications Engineer
    Blaser Swisdlube Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlaserSwisslube View Post
    Hello Redridertwo,

Please give us a try! I'm confident you'll be impressed with what Blaser Swisslube has to offer. Contact me for a product recommendation at 801-722-4095.

Best regards,

Brett Reynolds, CMFS
    Sr. Applications Engineer
    Blaser Swisdlube Inc.
    do you have a rep in Oregon?

Best coolant

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Redridertwo, but I've been out if the country. To answer your question, yes we do have a distributor that covers Oregon, please contact Soluble Solutions in Seattle, WA, or contact me for their number. 801-722-4095

Best regards,
    Brett Reynolds, CMFS
    Blaser Swisslube Inc.

Re: Best coolant

I am looking for feedback on CNC machining coolants, we are currently using HOUGHTON HOCUT 3550.The problem with this coolant is that have ugly odors and causes annoyance to stomach and head if you breath it after the use of coolant thru.
    We have 4 cnc vmc.we machine in a higher percentage Brass and unalloyed steel and to a lesser extent stainless steel.Here in Greece we dont have distributors of the best coolants.Althought
    I find 4 alternative solutions.The first is the HOUGHTON HOCUT 7770 (SYNTHETIC), CASTROL HYSOL MP50, MOBIL MOBILCUT 250(SEMI-SYNTHETIC) and ROCOL ULTRACUT EVOL 280 .

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

hi, we use blasser ; about ugly odors and all your " brass and unalloyed steel " : i would recomand an installation that cleans your coolant ( a bit more effective then tsc filter bags ) and another one that removes the oil layer, something a bit more powerfull then an oil skimmer; is there is a coolant radiator ?

odors are caused in most cases because " things " go between coolant molecules; second cause is that the coolant is not flowing / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Unfortunately we don't have the option of blasser here in Greece. For that reason I wrote mobil, Castrol and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi, we use blasser ; about ugly odors and all your " brass and unalloyed steel " : i would recomand an installation that cleans your coolant ( a bit more effective then tsc filter bags ) and another one that removes the oil layer, something a bit more powerfull then an oil skimmer; is there is a coolant radiator ?

odors are caused in most cases because " things " go between coolant molecules; second cause is that the coolant is not flowing / kindly

the cnc is new (about 6 month).Its an Okuma Genus.In this machine the problem is bigger.We have filter bags but not a coolant radiator.The coolant seems clean.
    The problem is at the chemical composition.I see that at some places of the machine get discolored.
    today I have an appoitment with FUCHS.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

hy, we use blaser, because our okuma dealer gaved us blasser when we received the machine; maybe you should discuss this with your okuma dealer, or try to take a tour around your area and see what others are using / kindly

I have understand that blaser is the best. Although its a European firm(I THINK) they do not have a distributor in Greece.My dealer told me to see the books of the machine ( Blaser :-P ) and now I told him to ask another client to tell what is he using.

whatever decision you take, maybe you could visit that client personally, and discuss your issue ...

Has anyone here tried an alcohol based coolant like what Datron machines use for aluminum parts?

I like the idea of parts coming out clean and dry instead of sticky and smelly.... I am trying to find a supplier of ethanol coolant.

Page 2 of 2 12