584,849 active members*
4,314 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yasnac 3000g Tape In Problem

We just bought a used 1981 Matsurra MC-710V2 Vertical. Supurb condition. After installation we lost our backup batteries wich resulted in a loss of all memory. Im sure most of you have dealt with this at one time or another.

We've finally figured out how to load new parameters and machine options The machine starts up, homes and tool changes after establishing new gridshifts settings.

The machine was originally a tape reader but the original owner installed an RS232 interface from Yaskawa. We do have original data and operator books. We're now trying to load a program via G Coder The procedure says to be in Edit and select command and hit Tape in and send.

My problem is when we hit Tape in we get a 14 alarm. FORMAT ERROR 7.14 The book says G code error. illegal G Code.... Correct Program !
    We've talked with yaskawa. They're pretty foggy with this control
    Any help would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nt48375 View Post
    The book says G code error. illegal G Code.... Correct Program !
    We've talked with yaskawa. They're pretty foggy with this control
    Any help would be awesome
    Since the machine is seeing some data. Try the following first. Make up a one line program in the machine. Output that to the computer via RS232 and verify that the data comes through clear and readable first to the PC. Make changes to the paramters if need be to make it clear. Once that is working save that program to the PC and try sending that one line program back into the machine. If the program exists the machine will tell you so first before getting to the Gcode. If it does then delete the program out of the machine and try sending it. This way the format that the machine output is going back in in the same output. If this works figure out what is different about your programs.

Hope this helps
    Jamey

TCGuy...We dont even have the cable hooked up yet and we get that alarm. Even if we attached the DB25 End at the control not even sending data from the G Coder we get that alarm right away, But if we hit tape out with or without the cable attached we do see a flashing tape out on the CRT

1st, you will get an alarm if no data is being sent from the PC, 2nd, is this an interface card of some sort or a BTR (behind the reader)? BTR's work differently than a standard RS232 port. The BTR will store the program data until the control is ready to receive it. If nothing is in the BTR buffer, the control will give you errors.

Re: Yasnac 3000g Tape In Problem

nt48375,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? We are having a similar problem on an MC500 with the 3000g control. As soon as you set the dial to Edit and hit the Tape In button, we get an Alarm 14.

One of the CMOS batteries was low or dead, so I'm sure we need to load parameters, too. I suspect we need to load the parameters dealing with the tape reader or BTR -- I think 6000, 6003, 6012, 6022, 6026, 6028, but my manuals don't list those parameters or how to load them.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Yasnac 3000g Tape In Problem

Dulltool,

Thanks for the reply. We did not get our problem resolved. Great little machine but we still cant download code. We'll get it fix but we're very busy with other projects at this time. As far as your issue. We only have 100 Parameters. 0-100 so I cannot help you there.
    Try Yaskawa. Let me know if you figure anything out