585,931 active members*
5,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Adding a rotary table to an already 4 axis machine - can I switch between them?
Page 2 of 2 12
    You're talking about the top boards for the amplifiers..

Those are all common boards.

The actual amplifier part numbers should be an A02B-60xx-Hxxx number.

The PMC runs the FAPT side (and other stuff.) Theres a manual for the PMC J, K, L, M, N... That I've been looking for PDFs for years of.. but its good reading if you use FAPT.. or any of the advanced features of your CNC.

It makes slight difference which label color you have on the CRT..

Is the model more like a O or a 0?

To use more than 4 axes you need a different AXES CPU & control boards. But basically the way it is set up now, no more than 4.

There are boards for 5/6, 7/8, etc axes..

I found that FAPT is better for lathes but its ok for Mills..

Ok, so I bought a Tsudakoma RNCM-251R. I'm not sure what servo is in it. Will find out in a few days. Good condition too, 2K.

Those are one of the very best out there.

Nice buy..

Love the smoothness...

Mine is a custom unit because they no longer made the standard unit and has a small S series servo.

Great!! Looking good then. Just hope I can get something set up neat and tidy. What I really need to do is be able to put the rotary table on the pallet, do a pallet change, set it up nice and square in the zero position, rotate the pallet by a certain angle, lock it, activate the rotary table, off I go. My concern is the pallet will be lost if I transfer communication to the rotary table, also the pallet will be "loose" if I transfer the hydraulics (for the lock) to the rotary table. If I have like a master switch that will 1. transfer the lock mechanism to the rotary table whilst keeping pressure in the pallet lock line. 2. transfer communications and power to the rotary table. Now it would be good if somehow I can transfer communications to the rotary table whilst power is still on and the pallet won't get lost. that's the challenge. When a servo motor is at rest, i.e. not moving, what's happening? is there communication currently going on? I think there is right? cheers Damo

Hi all. The rotary table I purchased has a Mitsubishi DC servo motor on it. Are they worth anything? I have been looking around to see if I could find a similar fanuc servo as the pallet rotary table, which is A06B-0314-B004. The rotary table has a tapered shaft on it and a keyway so I think there is an extra number involved #7076 or #0076, is that right? Is there some detaild information on the motor codes somewhere? Cheers Damo

Also, Bowne, you asked if the O on the OM was more like a 0 then an O, it's definitely an O.

Ok. Thanks for the update. They printed the labeling in different formats. I've heard the reasoning for that explained several ways but it is only slightly significant to destinguish the two models, 0 and O and also the C & D versions.

Mitsubishi servos are ok. Never had problems with them but if you're changing servos make sure the size and or mounting is right and that the shaft is right as well.

The # numbers refers to the speed or encoder. Consult the manual(s) for more info. The shaft is part of the -Bxxx number.

Re: Adding a rotary table to an already 4 axis machine - can I switch between them?

hadnt stopped in to this thread in quite a while... 0M-D has different option setups than older ones- but they are published in the 'functional parameter' manual for the 0-D... param 933 bit 5 is supposed to enable the 4th function, but it wont work with all packages... if running D control, youre pretty much locked in to Alpha or newer amps/motors if I remember right...

man, is this site slow now or what? used to be fine , now each page takes minutes to load? this sucks.

Page 2 of 2 12