585,906 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Zebra Muscle Coalescer/ Haas VF2

Zebra Muscle Coalescer/ Haas VF2

Zebra F16 Muscle? Flexor? Coalescer | Coolant Consultants, Inc.

I'm in need of a skimmer of some type, my research leads me to the Zebra Muscle Coalescer, can anyone vouch for it?
    I believe I need the Z-F16.H1, I hope this will work with the VF2 tank, any input on this unit?
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Quote Originally Posted by l u k e View Post
    Zebra F16 Muscle? Flexor? Coalescer | Coolant Consultants, Inc.

I'm in need of a skimmer of some type, my research leads me to the Zebra Muscle Coalescer, can anyone vouch for it?
    I believe I need the Z-F16.H1, I hope this will work with the VF2 tank, any input on this unit?
    I can't vouch for that particular brand, but I have several Skimmerator brand units which are pretty much the same thing. IMO, it is the best oil skimmer I have used or seen. Just my 2cents.

Can you suggest another brand?
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Went with a Zebra belt skimmer, not convinced it was money well spent. Looks like it's pulling 10x more coolant than oil.
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Here you are: Portable Tramp oil separators for 10 or more sumps keep machine tool coolant clean!

I have one of the #365 and 15 of the #315 and they work fine.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Yea, I couldn't decide on a coalescer. The low end ones looked cheap and were running almost $1000 and with the high end ones I seemed a bit much for a single tank. I found one in Sweden but the company does not seem real interested in answering emails and they are not currently being sold in the US.
    Abalone Oil Sweep
    Abalone - YouTube
    2008 Haas VF2D
    OneCNC XR5 Mill Expert

Does anyone know of a coolant distributing system or even have a need for a system like this.

Re: Zebra Muscle Coalescer/ Haas VF2

The old company, design & manufacturing was bought by another company with more capabilities. I bought a new and MUCH improved Skimerator from HL Precision Manufacturing, and found that they have developed a top of the line product, both in appearance and functionality. The Skimerator's from Design worked extremely well, but were not appealing to the eye. HL Precision has advanced the seamless look and functionality of the Skimerator and I strongly encourage you to try out their new model. The website isn't updated yet from what I can see, but it's most definitely worth your purchase...not to mention the price is unbeatable by all other competitors. HL Precision Manufacturing, Inc. is the new site. Hope this helps!

sumpguy Guest

Re: Zebra Muscle Coalescer/ Haas VF2

check out this new product.
    list price is $600 but can get from distribution for less.
    work awesome, low maintenance, no media to clean, bulletproof pump, just drain off oil every 2-3 weeks and your good to go!

mwmach.net - Oil Skimmers, Machine Tool Accessories, Skimmer