585,938 active members*
3,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC15 - Tool Changer Crashing Into Spindle

Fadal VMC15 - Tool Changer Crashing Into Spindle

Our machine has been running relatively smoothly. After coming back from Thanksgiving weekend, it now has issues.

When we run the "TC,1" command, generally the spindle is supposed to raise up, then the tool changer is supposed to come in. It is doing the opposite. The tool changer is trying to come in first, then it is trying to raise the spindle up. This causes the tool within the changer to crash into the spindle.

We tried raising the spindle manually before running the TC,1 command. The turret comes in fine, but then it tries to raise the spindle and hits the z limit.

We've tried powering down the machine, using the SETTO commanda few other things, and it still isn't working.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

So we figured it out. In case anyone out there in internet land has this problem, here's what it was. Kind of silly actually.

Our machinist had a hunch that maybe the machine thought it had the tool already in the spindle, and was just trying to put it back into the turret.

So he removed all the tools from the turret, placed a tool into the spindle and tried it.

It worked.

I have had isses with that model. Im sure the more experience techs will not say this is the most perfect fix, but I do this on occasion. Unlike my older model, the vmc 15 , the carasell is knocked out of alingment pretty easy. My fix. And again. Maybe not the pro solution. But go TC1 to open carissale . Run it manually buy tool selection. Indicate to see what is high or low. I use a bottle jack to straightten out. I have done this a couple of times if one side gets too high or too low to engage the tool . Sometimesholder. It may sound a bit I accurate but that has fixed mine a couple of times and saved me service calls sometimes the tool can get stuck and pull it out of whack or a simple tool crash if carisale can. Get confused and crash into a tool already in the spindle

bTW. Sorry for sp and grammar errors. I can only log on by phone
    Wayne