Hi all,

Just started setting up a 2.2KW Huanyang spindle and HY02D223B drive. Everything seems to be running fine, except there is a slight rattle from the spindle at certain speeds. This is not the VFD related magnetostriction noise at carrier frequency, but rather a random noise. It sounds like the bearing balls are slightly loose, and are clattering at times. Again, this only seems to happen at certain speeds, and is not very loud. By hand, the rotation is as smooth as silk, and there is no axial or end play. It feels great (smooth as my rebuilt surface grinder spindle/bearings!) , it just rattles slight as lower speeds.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing on these spindles?

Also, I'm having some trouble setting up the jog feature from the front panel. I'd really like to get the jog to run at about 800 RPM (Yeah, I know much lower than it's supposed to). The reason I want the slow rotation is so I can run a edge finder and low speeds. I'll use an extarnal switch and analog input for 8K to 24K RPM for normal running, and a jog switch for edge finding applications. Anyone have any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Dan

Edit, Update. I learned that the JOG key on the front panel of the device doesn't jog the device. If you read the manual, it says that jog function is only available via input terminals. It works if using one of the input terminals! Duh, why have a Jog key on the front panel?!?