585,954 active members*
4,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VPS Contouring

Hello,

I have a question for the MiniMill2 VPS. Is there a way to make a contouring with an incremental Z value? I have seen this is possible with pocket, drilling, facing, etc... but there is no option for contouring (square or circular).

Why is that? Why didn't they make it also possible for the contouring? Is there any way to do this?

I must say that I don't know G-Code. I use a CAM software for the difficult parts. The problem is that for simple parts I want to use VPS but I can't figure out the Z depth increment for the contouring.

Thx.

Re: VPS Contouring

There's a few popular ways to do this but they all involve a bit of hand-coding to rearrange the code. One option would be using the VPS code in a subroutine which is called at different starting depths.

Re: VPS Contouring

If you do not like your VPS, I recommend you choose another one. There are many offers on the Internet from experienced developers. Once I decided to give my son a game that I developed myself. I spent a lot of time writing the code and creating a separate server with I bought a VPS here https://www.time4vps.com/ and with good reason. My son was happy with the gift and often played this game with friends. Even when there are a lot of them, VPS copes, and the server works great. I did not think that it would be so optimized.