585,722 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yaskawa A.C9 error.

Hi all my sgdm is having this A.C9 error. If I power shut off my servo pack and allow the pack to rest for 10mins or so, the A.C9 error does not exist and I can do a jog run for at least 30 to 40 seconds. After that the A.C9 appears and stop. If I immediately shut and turn on the servo pack, the A.C9 appears immediately, hence unable to do jog. Is my servo pack faulty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syphonics

You have either motors not correct for the drives, or the encoders are not wired correctly A.C9 is a communication between the Encoder & the Drive Problem, if the wrong motors are used for the Drive this same problem can happen
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Syphonics

You have either motors not correct for the drives, or the encoders are not wired correctly A.C9 is a communication between the Encoder & the Drive Problem, if the wrong motors are used for the Drive this same problem can happen
    How do i determined if the motor and drives are not compatible? Becasue when I link up with Sigma II software, it does not show it is not compatible.
    I am sorry but prior to my first post, the servo pack should be SGDH not SGDM. I connect it to a SGMAH motor. Previously this combination is workable, until recently this error A.C9 came out. And I am not able to solve till now

Syphonics

If this was working before, then you have an Encoder problem, or a Encoder cable problem or the wrong motor for the drive,

If the drive can't recognize the encoder, on power up, you will get the fault also, each motor has a start up code,that comes from the encoder if this does not a match for the drive you are using it will not run

How do you tell if the motor is compatible, by the numbers on the Drive & the numbers on the motor
    Mactec54

Syphonics

Here is how to set the Drive back to Factory Defaults
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa Reset to Factory Default.PNG  
    Mactec54

Syphonics

Here is how to set the Drive back to Factory Defaults
    Thanks mactec, i have tried this method of factory default, but problem persist. tomorrow I shall try using a spare pack and motor to find out the cause. The only worry I have is the servopack might be damaged.

Syphonics

Going from the 750W motor to the 400W motor, may have caused a problem with the Auto Encoder recognition setup in the Drive, the smallest motor you can put on that drive is a 05, the 04 is a no go
    Mactec54

Syphonics

Going from the 750W motor to the 400W motor, may have caused a problem with the Auto Encoder recognition setup in the Drive, the smallest motor you can put on that drive is a 05, the 04 is a no go
    will that cause a permanant damage or irreversible change to the servopack?

Syphonics

It really should not of done anything at all, but may have tried to do some changes & then could not complete them, & it is some how hung up in the software, the Fn005 should of reset all the drive parameters, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the Encoder recognition configuration software
    Mactec54

Re: Yaskawa A.C9 error.

Servo motor has a very good future they have to provide the very strong grip to all the people who have the very love to make good people. If you are the unemployedprofessors so that you will make money and have the good things