584,833 active members*
5,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 21i-T Parameters

Takisawa E-110

we get an alarm 300 APC: 3 AXIS NEED ZRN

We have changed the parameters 1250. 1401. 1860. 1861. 5002. 5003. after the list of parameters that came with the machine when it was new. We have restarted the machine and zeroreturned X and Z axis. But we still have the 300 APC alarm about the 3 axis. how do we zeroreturn the third axis?

that's probably the tool turret. did you rotate the turret at least one whole revolution?

Yes it was the turret thank you for the help

Re: Fanuc 21i-T Parameters

I have a Takisawa TC20 and I did a grid shift on "3" then I got the 300 APC: 3 AXIS NEED ZRN error. Had a lot of drama understanding the manual so my have stuffed up something but now after after doing a turret position reset and clearing the error when I restart and rotate the tunnel after a minute or so it comes back with the error 414 SERVO ALARM : 3 AXIS DETECT ERR. When I check the position of axis 3 instead of it being at 000 it reads 359.828 the error distance is always the same. It seems that by doing the what is in the manual it doesn't change it or fox it. The parameter I may have stuffed up is 1815 I have it correctly set now but at one point I had change the first 4 bits to 1 then after getting no result I changed it back. They are correct now.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tony

1815 APC & APZ are the bits that are for zero, When you set APZ to one you have set home at that point. They both need to be on, some times it takes a few trys.
    Good Luck!

I must be missing somthing,
    In the good book (actual its a bad book because its making me more confused) it doesn't mention APC changes at all.
    So it says go into 1815 APZ and change to 0, turn off. when turning on again you get the 300 APC Alarm
    then set K13.0 =1 . Move the turret one or more position using turrent turn button under zero return button,
    Cycle power,
    Need step says move the turret to just before the position 1 (bit confusing if its just before or not)
    Set K13.1 =1, now use turret turn button under zero return till you get a beep and the display shows "3 0.000"
    Then clamp and clear error. Return K13.0 to 0 and K13.1 to 0

So at that point should all be good but when I switch off and restart pushing the tool change button ends up with a 414 error. The error is becasue the displayed position is different to what it should be by about 0.187.

So what do I need to do different

They must have the ladder turning APZ on? I would try to get the machine into the proper position and make APZ a 1

Okay I will give it a go, also I think the fact that I have a 56mm dia Udrill maybe throwing the balance out as well so I will remove that ans see if there is a difference. I am in Australia so I may give Fanuc a call today.
    Tony

you need to initialize the encoder if APZ won't set to a 1. That can be tough to do if you cant rotate the turret fast enough. There is a shortcut however..
    Get it to the proper station, I would assume 1, and if you can clamp it even better. Turn 1815.4 off, then turn 1815.5 off. Don't shut anything down, set bit 4 back to a 1, then bit 5 back to a 1. It tricks the control in to thinking there is not an absolute encoder witch allows you to toggle the zero point.

Do I have the Keep relays set K13.0, K13.1 & k13.2 relays set at Zero when I do the changes on 1815?

Okay just tried it and still get the same error did the reset on 1815 as suggested.

We have news,
    Spoke to Fanuc guys today and it seems the error 414 I was getting was from a OVC showing on fault screen 200. Check the turret zero position and I found that it was 9mm out of line, no idea how this occurred but apparently there is a limit that the turret can be off line. Used shift grid 1850 and got the "3" back very close to correct position by putting in the 9mm. Did the procedure as it the manul and the turret turns etc with out any error. So the question is how do I reset the machine so the shift grid does not have to be 9mm out.

Still need to tidy up the adjustment and also do some test cutting but will keep you posted.
    Tony

Ok, so I am a little late into this problem but here goes:

Yes, there is only so far the turret can be out of radial alignment. This is due to when clamped the turret is locked by the curvic coupling. sorry for the miss spell.

If the turret clamps and the MECHANICAL coupling is not aligned you will receive an error from the control, usually an excess error, or over current condition, but this is not always the case.

If after making the grid shift adjustment in 1850 AND the turret operated normally I would bet the machine has been crashed. Try to face a piece of bar stock and see if you are cutting off in the center without issue.

Look at an old program and find the position for an X zero move, record this on a piece of paper. Putting the machine in hand wheel, move the X axis to this position and either sweep the X axis plane with an indicator (usually an empty tool pocket on the turret) or use a coaxial indicator in the spindle and sweep a boring bar.

I have a feeling you are going to find that the turret has physically moved. You are going to need a turret alignment procedure from the machine tool builder.