585,982 active members*
4,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need custom BT30 pull studs made

i need some pull studs made

they are very similar to typical BT30 pull studs, just a few thou different in length and diameter. see drawing.

im not completely sure which steel they should be made of....please suggest. i would something like 5155 hardened to RC 56 to 58 would work.

if you can machine them but not harden or heat treat them that might be okay, i might be able to find some way to get them heat treated elsewhere.

hobbyists are welcome! if you are wondering you can make these on your manual mill, you might be able to if:

-you can maintain 0.0005" runout on a part 1/2" max diameter and about 1.5" long
    -you can cut 5155 or similar steel
    -you can make M12 x 1.75 threads with the same low runout as the rest of the part
    -you can make chamfers

otherwise, a CNC would make it easier I believe

how many i will buy and at what price is totally up to you! please PM me your quote!

if you are a hobbyists and can only make 5, that might work!

it also might work if you are a business and need to make 100 to make it worth your while!

heres the drawing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pullstud.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	213004

are you still needing these made????

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    are you still needing these made????
    yeppers!

what can you do and how much can you do it for?

please read the technical requirements in the original post and describe how you can deal with all that

im open to hobbiest-level workmanship, and also professional level..whatever..i just need working pull studs!!

i sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    i sent you a PM
    i got your PM but when I tried to PM you back it said you dont accept PM's. can you PM me your email address?

Pm sent.

Thank you for your time.

Retention knob supply can supply those I'm sure

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Retention knob supply can supply those I'm sure

Sent from my G-Tab Quantum using Tapatalk
    they do, and so does dyna mechtronics, unfortunately they are $27 each from either, which is more than the cost of my brand new ER32 tool holders

anyone here with a CNC lathe and some 5155 or other pre-hardened stock, or a way to carburize harden other steels, could be the new worldwide supplier of DM2900/DM1007/DM4400 pull studs..its a perfect item to make and ship from home..you can ship ten first class mail for about $3. i'm sure youd have no trouble selling the first couple hundred, it might slow down after that though. right now people have to get these made by YS or the like in china....the prices are great, ive paid $4 each at 10qty and have an offer for $8 each at 50 qty..which i should probably jump on but id like to see if anyone here wants to start making these on their own..it would be nice to have a more convenient ebay supplier or what not like EVERY OTHER MACHINE on earth which has its pull studs for $4 each on ebay