586,005 active members*
5,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Generating .gpx post-processor

Hi guys! anyone know how to generate .gpx post-processor aside from asking SolidCAM people to do it?

Hi KUWill! you have any idea how SolidCAM encode GPX from GPP? i can't send you msg, your mailbox is full. Thanks!

Hello,

What it takes to write for you?

Sorry about that Milan. Do you have .GPP files already? My suggestion is to try opening the .GPX file with a text editor and see what's in it. The .GPP files by default are ASCII encoded so any text editor can open them. Let me know what you find. If you're really stuck you can always try submitting a help ticket to the SolidCAM help desk. I've only seen .GPP, .PRP, and .VMID files. The SolidCAM Help documents are mediocre at best in understanding the structure of those things. Good luck and let me know what you find.

P.S. Cleaned out my inbox for 2 more e-mails! Yay!

GPX is an encrypted version of GPP, the main reason of using GPX is to make sure that the post-processor cannot be edited and can only be use to the license set in the encryption. this is one way of making sure we have control of the post-processor, by making it uneditable and not being able to spread out like wildfire. what i want to know is how they do the encryption ☺

Ah. Sorry Milan, I don't have that answer. Unofficially the Solidcam North America guys will tell you that they don't encrypt .GPP files in the US and the end customer is free to edit them. Let me know if you find out though. I find it interesting that this is a regional thing and would like to know more about it if you figure it out.

Re: Generating .gpx post-processor

How can I open the gpx extension?