585,919 active members*
3,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Power Draw Bar removal and disassembly

Power Draw Bar removal and disassembly

So after several months of no use, I go to fire my Torus Pro up, and the Power Draw Bar is inop. I did some basic troubleshooting. The air solenoids are working, if I remove the line from the top of the unit and hit the button, I get about a 1 second blast of air. The unit seemed loose, so I removed the trigger wheel and tightened the large phillips machine screw underneath while simultaneously engaging it with the draw bar to insure alignment. It still doesn't seem to function. It appears that the silver cylinder that is attached to the airline is supposed to move, but mine seems like it hangs up. How do I get the PDB off the unit for inspection? I tried taking out that large machine screw which significantly looseded the unit, along with the trigger wheel, but something is still holding it on, and I don't want to break it. I sent a note to John,earlier today but I have not heard back yet. Has anyone removed one of these yet?

Re: Power Draw Bar removal and disassembly

So thankfully, John had a manual on his website under the PDB item. If he is no longer selling arrays, I would highly recommend everyone with a PDB go grab the manual that can be found here:
    Power Draw Bar for Torus PRO – Novakon I got the head off, and disassembled. I don't know what all the proper names are for these parts but the silver air cylinder screws in to the post to ultimately raise and lower the PDB on to the drawbar. That had unscrewed itself so it wasn't locomoting at all. I stripped the head of one of the button head cap screws so tomorrow I have to hit the hardware store before I can reassemble.

Nice job on the successful disassembly and diagnosis. Any pictures?

I didn’t think to take any, but it’s a pretty simple stack of parts, that for the most part can only be assembled one way. The only deviation from that is the large post that the pdb rides up and down on can go in 180 degrees backwards, and if you do that the slot for the grub screw will be on the back and not the front. The manual has some pretty good pictures in it.