585,997 active members*
5,108 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Glass, Plastic and Stone > Milling and drilling acrylic in a slow machine

Milling and drilling acrylic in a slow machine

I am doing some small work in acrylic, generally .04 drills and small <.25 endmills, going down to 1/16th. My mill however is pretty sluggish and not really capable of the typical speeds and feeds acrylic wants. Spindle speed tops out at 10k, and I keep my cuts to 25IPM, although she will do 30 I don't want to see lost steps, esp with it so cold in the shop. I am wondering if you guys can give pointers on what kinds of compromises should I make, Do I want to keep my CL constant and just do everything at top speed and scale for that or what?

also a weird note, I have been peck drilling lots of small deep (>.5) holes and find it seems to work best at values WAY outside the reccomended range. NO cooling or air, I just tend to it w/ a brush to keep chips out, although when I have the time to babysit I wet it down and it does stick much less. If you were drilling .04 holes in acrylic, and were stuck inside my machiens range what settings would you try first?

RPM 1k-10k
    <25 IPM
    no coolant/me with a brush

thanks guys!

Drilling is the operation of producing circular hole in the work-piece by using a rotating cutter. Drilling machine is a device used to make holes in a hard surface. itcodrillmachines.com provide the best drilling machine to own customers. High Quality drill machine at the low cost.

Drilling machine is important working equipment for used big and small construction projects. You can use heavy pressure drilling tools and machine for work. Drilling oil and gas tools can manage working power loads.

For more information please visit our website :- tasmanoiltools(dot)com