Greetings all - I'm completely new to the CNC world, and need some advice. I need a machine that will produce printed circuit boards, aluminum faceplates and 3D wood shapes. From all my research, the Laguna IQ looks like a pretty good package for the price. Combing the forums, I see posts from a few years ago, but the main point seems to be that they are basically Chinese. I like the good old USA as much as the next guy, but I'm trying to find an accurate, reliable machine that will let me make stuff in the USA, and the fact that there might be Chinese parts doesn't bug me. (The computer I'm using was made in China, and it seems to work just fine).

So apart from its origin, does anyone have any direct experience with these machines? The company seems a bit controversial - some love it, some hate it. I recognize that for $5500, I'm not buying a best friend to hold my hand for life. But assuming I have the aptitude to maintain it, can I expect quality and repeatable results on these modest tasks?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.