585,914 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spindle control adjustment?

After greasing my tool carrousel, my machine is now giving me a 585 alarm and 401. I think the 585 is a custom macro alarm as it is bombing out on the tool change.

it seems to be overshooting on the tool position. A fanuc tech earlier in the year remarked that my spindle didn't have much rigidity when it orientated (M19). I think this is causing the tool change issue as it can't resist the momentum from the newly greased carousel wheel with the poor rigidity when orientating/positioning.

I have a A06B-6059-H003 spindle drive without orientation board. I found the spindle manual B-53425E which I thought was for this drive but the manual doesn't describe the correct board features and seems to be for an analogue AC drive instead of digital.

I think variable resistor RV6 may help but would like advice before I go playing with things.

What's your machine control model?

0m-a.

(1) Try lowering velocity loop proportional gain high and low, parameters 6540 and 6541. Lower until you do not have overshoot anymore.
    (2) Now if (1) does not work, try adjusting parameter 0525, which is the linear accel/decel time constant for rapid traverse.
    (3) If neither (1) or (2) work, try adjusting parameter 6294 and 6474 to a value greater or equal to 50 ms (unit is in ms for this parameter).
    I hope this helps.
    Cheers.

I would simply check the spindle orientation to the magazine first. If the carousel was greased, then this problem arose, im guessing the position of the carousel has moved somewhat, and when the tool dog engages, its trying to rotate the spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by botha.y View Post
    (1) Try lowering velocity loop proportional gain high and low, parameters 6540 and 6541. Lower until you do not have overshoot anymore.
    (2) Now if (1) does not work, try adjusting parameter 0525, which is the linear accel/decel time constant for rapid traverse.
    (3) If neither (1) or (2) work, try adjusting parameter 6294 and 6474 to a value greater or equal to 50 ms (unit is in ms for this parameter).
    I hope this helps.
    Cheers.
    I only have parameter 0525 no 6000's I think they would be in the 9000 range on my machine as that is where the orientation alignment parameters are. apart from the orientation parameters I don't know what the others are.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    I would simply check the spindle orientation to the magazine first. If the carousel was greased, then this problem arose, Im guessing the position of the carousel has moved somewhat, and when the tool dog engages, its trying to rotate the spindle.
    I have had similar issues due to miss-alignments but this time it looks ok.

After some more testing it was at a point where it wouldn't even spin the carousel. as soon as it touched the drive gear it error-ed out. I think it may be from a limit switch false triggering. there is one on the tool ejection dog and it has always been a hair trigger. I think the summer heat made everything expand enough to set it off with vibration from the carousel. after a little a adjustment the tool change is working again- fingers cross it stays that way.

Awesome.
    By the way check your parameters backup you should see those 6000 parameters, you can reload from file or edit it if anything.
    Cheers.