584,829 active members*
4,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Dmm Technology > LinuxCnc "Step Time" "Step Space" "Direction Hold" "Direction Setup" values??

LinuxCnc "Step Time" "Step Space" "Direction Hold" "Direction Setup" values??

What values are you folks using, and where did you get them?

I've searched and searched and wasn't able to find the setting anywhere on various forums.

Thanks
    Scott

Hi Scott if you find out I am at the same point you are, just setting up Lenoxcnc I can not find this out either been looking all over the other question I have is what step angle ?8 or is it some other thing! .

If I find anything out I will post it here for you.

Woffler,
    Do you actually have the DMM hardware in your possession?

not sure what you mean by "step angle". I did run across some settings that someone was using.

I never got a response for my last email or two from the DMM people so I started to look elsewhere for some more rugged industrial drives and have been collecting Yaskawa and Mitsubishi motors and drivers.

I pieced together the equivalent of a 3 axis 400W mitsubishi system for roughly half the cost of the DMM system minus the BoB.

Yes I have had them up and running on a mill and a lathe for over 3 years now running Mach 3 ,I am only converting the lathe to Linux cnc because Mach's lathe program is so bad and is constantly messing up.

And I want to add a encoder to the spindle for threading as Mach looses it's fricken mind all the time! and ruins parts you never know what or when your about to get screwed by it.

woffler

The Step Angle with the drive electronic gearing set at 500 is .18 the Duration Time is 2 micro sec, hope this gets you going with your new control
    Mactec54

Thank's Mactec 54 that is what i need i should be able to get going from here ,and Scott to .