Hello Everyone!

I am preparing a laser engraver CNC for my personal projects. It's about 45cm x 35 cm so no big deal.
I have X and Y axis, X moves with 2 parallel stepper motors and Y with only one. I have 2 "easy drivers" to drive them
and get the "ster & dir" interface.
The the X motors are mounted at the first driver (set to 750mA with heatsink) and the Y motor is alone at the other driver.

When I use an arduino to command the drivers there is no problem! The motion is smooth and as it should be! The step and dir pins are in output pins and ground is at arduinos ground. As I said this works perfectly!

The problem starts with the Parallel port. I almost certainly need to use mach3 (linuxcnc has some issues with sandy bridge that i have). So I made a passive breakout of the parallel port and connected the step and direction pins at say 2 and 3 (pin 1 is strobe and not used). Nothing is happening. By a LPT Manager program I manually set 0 and 1 some out pins. I measured with a polymeter the voltage and it was ok. I even lit a LED with pin 2 and ground. But the Easy Driver won't do a thing..

Can anyone help me?