585,991 active members*
5,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 1995 Fanuc Robordill alpha-T10B 16B Control - Can't get into MDI

1995 Fanuc Robordill alpha-T10B 16B Control - Can't get into MDI

Looking for help with my Robodrill.

1995 Fanuc Robodrill alpha-T10B with 16B Control.

I've only had this machine for a few months and I'm new to the Fanuc control. I've been pretty sucessful learning the ins and outs of the control, but over the weekend I began having some issues.

First off, for the first time I had a System Alarm 916 DRAM PARITY Error. In a panic, I rebooted the machine and proceeded to pull down and back up all of the NC setting and PMC settings via RS232.

Oddly, after doing so, I am unable to enter MDI mode via the MENU button on the operator panel as before. The machine boots up in MDI mode as before and I can enter and run MDI commands, buts if I switch into MANUAL mode I'm unable to switch back into MDI mode. I'm thinking this has something to do with PMC settings, but I'm just not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nate

Re: 1995 Fanuc Robordill alpha-T10B 16B Control - Can't get into MDI

Can you post a pic of the screen the machine boots up in

Here are two pictures - the first is directly after boot up. As you can see the control is in MDI mode. The second photo is after I've switched into manual jog mode. At this point, I can't switch back into MDI.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Nate

Strange message me your email or phone number as will be easier to discuss over WhatsApp

Thanks - pm sent.

Another note, I think this machine was at one time equipped with a pallet changer. There is currently a pneumatic door opener on the right side of the splash guard with end of limit switches wired back to the i/o cabinet on the left hand side of the machine. I think it's possible that this could also interfere with MDI mode.

Do an sram BOOT backup first.
    Is your ladder running? Check be verifying that in the PMC screen, the softkey legend says 'STOP'. If it says 'RUN;, press that key.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Do an sram BOOT backup first.
    Is your ladder running? Check be verifying that in the PMC screen, the softkey legend says 'STOP'. If it says 'RUN;, press that key.
    I'm not sure what a 'sram BOOT backup' is. Are you saying I should clear the memory and reload my backup?

I believe the ladder is running. In the PMC screen, the start/run softkey says "STOP"

Thanks,

-Nate

So the ladder is indeed running.The sram BOOT backup is an easy way to save all the volatile data in one or more files to a pcmcia sram card. It is explained in the BOOT appendix in the maintenance manual.

its a ROBO DRILL. You have to press another button first. I don't remember which one but they are screwy.