585,766 active members*
4,300 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

APC Alarm 310 & 320 !!

Hi!

Of cource my backup battery went empty before they should, and after replacing battery I got APC Alarm 310 & 320, Need Manual reference position for X and Z axis...

Have read the maual from start to end, but can not find the solution..

Any one ???

Please PM me with the machine type, serial number and an email address and I will send them to you.

Bump!

Kama,

I have already offered to help! As above:

Please PM me with the machine type, serial number and an email address and I will send them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 600Service View Post
    Kama,

I have already offered to help! As above:

I have sent you an pm a while ago, but if you havent got it, something has gone wrong. I'll try again.

I am very thanksfull if you could help me!

Kama,

For some reason I can't reply to your PMs. In order to send you the procedures can you PLEASE let me know your email address??

Kama,

For some reason I can't reply to your PMs. In order to send you the procedures can you PLEASE let me know your email address??
    :banana:Thanks a lot 600Service, it worked !!

Dear All,

I have got 300 series alarm after having verified the batteries on my CNC lathe, Fanuc OMF and the errors displayed are :
    310 APC alarm - X-axis need ZRN
    320 APC alarm - Y-axis need ZRN
    330 APC alarm - Z-axis need ZRN
    340 APC alarm - 4-axis need ZRN
    316 APC alarm - X-axis Battery zero
    326 APC alarm - Y-axis Battery zero
    336 APC alarm - Z-axis Battery zero
    346 APC alarm - 4-axis Battery zero

How could i in this event try to resolve those errors and by what means coz previously there were more errors, and now it has added up to the alarms on the screen.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashley25

Hi Ashley,

I think you need to contact the manufacturer of the machine. Are you sure it's a lathe? That looks like a VMC?

Hi Ashley,

I think you need to contact the manufacturer of the machine. Are you sure it's a lathe? That looks like a VMC?
    Hi 600Service,

My excuses, but indeed its a Kryle VMC 700C with a fanuc OMF. How really should I proceed to know whether the drive is faulty or a loss of programmes/parameters of the equipment?

Regards

Ashley25

Hi Ashley,

Not our field of expertise but it looks like the servo batteries have failed. Replace them according to the machine manual and then the axes will need to be referenced. If the procedures are not in the manual, contact the manufacturers service department.

Hi 600service,

Thanks for your precious help. At least I found that the 4 APC alarms, i.e ,X,Y,Z and 4-axis Battery Zero alarms are no longer displayed.
    Remaining things to be done is to reference the axis:tired:.
    Thank you for your generous help.

Regards

Ashley25 :wave:

APC 310 & 320 alarm

I also have a similar situation with a Clausing Colchester CNC-4000 lathe. It has a Fanuc OT-A controller. I just bought it and it arrived with very low batteries. I've replaced them but have the 310 and 320 APC alarms. I need to know the proceedure for resetting this. I assume it requires some kind of setting of the home position for the X and Z axis with the absolute encoders.

Thanks for any help.

Hi all,
    I need help with the very same problem that kama had in March 2011. Can anyone out there help me? I know how to reset parameter 0022 and get rid of the alarms (310 and 320- some genius pulled out the batteries), but I need to know where the home reference positions for the x and y axes should be before I reboot the machine.
    It's a Colchester Tornado 200, with Fanuc OT controller.

Thanks so much in advance- I'll owe you big time!

Hi UrbanQuohog,

As per my pm to you and my replies to kama, if you can please let me know your machine's serial number and a contact email address I can send you the appropriate procedures.

PM sent; thanks! You are a saint for responding so quickly

edit: Oh, and please let me know if you don't get my PM- they are not showing up in my "Sent" folder, so I am not totally certain the feature is working correctly on my end. I **did** get your pm in my inbox; just want to make sure that the reply I sent (with serial and my email) actually worked. I am so desperate for this info right now, I'll risk putting my email address right here in the public thread if I have to...

zero return procedures for colchester cnc lathes

HI all
    If any body needs zero return procedures for colchester or Harrison lathes sent me an email with the model number and i will sent you a procedure.
    My email is [email protected]
    I have worked with this machines for many years.
    Regards

Talking hero of the day

Just wanted to announce that 600Service (Ian) is a fantastically helpful member here, and deserves all the beer money that this community could imaginably heap onto him, and also Colchester's service is top-notch, even for an aged machine like our 200.
    The speed/thoroughness/accuracy with which Ian responded to my plea for help earlier today actually got me, a 30-year-old, unemployed single guy with a 2 year old daughter to care for, A JOB at a machine shop because it meant we got the Tornado running again and I got to show that I could operate it well enough to turn out the most basic of their current part repertoire.

My little family is very very thankful. Bless you.

310 Alarm & battery

I've been working on the road a lot and have kept the power locked out on my 200 Tornado to keep accidents from happening to it. I turned it on today and got the 310 reference and low battery alarms. I looked in the manuals I have but don't see any part number references for the batteries. Also, is this going to happen again if I keep the main power shut off to the machine or was that just a coincidence that the batteries finally ran down? Should all three batteries be changed at the same time?
    Thanks in advance.
    H

I shut my power off to two old machines like this for weeks at a time with no trouble. Maybe just a coincedence that the batteries got low at the same time. One thing for sure, always change the batteries out while the machine is powered on! I always change all three batteries at the same time -cheap insurance.

Page 1 of 2 12