584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Lasercut 5.3 start point and end point not matched and curve line not smooth?

Lasercut 5.3 start point and end point not matched and curve line not smooth?

Hi, my new laser machine is using Leetro 6515 and Lasercut 5.3.
    I can communicate with the machine from my PC(Win 7). However, there is an issue with this machine. When I tried to cut a sample, the starting point and ending point don't not match and the curve line is not smooth (as seen in the pics).
    Does anyone know whether the problem is with the machine or the software lasercut 5.3? Do I need to change some settings in the lasercut 5.3 to solve the problem?
    Attachment 216198Attachment 216200
    Thanks.

I had a problem similar to that. I had to clean the rails and oil them with a light oil like 3in1 oil or sewing machine oil.

Misalignment where the beam cumming from the bottom of the nozzle is skew. But I think your problem is a loose mirror or lens.
    The second reason is bad alignment of the beam especially if the beam is not the same all over the bed.
    Firstly make sure that the beam is 100% parallel to the X-axis and Y-axis rail. No exceptions.
    What causes the singe/scorch look on the cut? (C02 Laser)Attachment 216204
    Secondly make sure that the beam enter the hole of the nozzle on top in the center. If not, then adjust the laser tube only, not the mirrors.
    What causes the singe/scorch look on the cut? (C02 Laser)Attachment 216206
    Thirdly adjust the downward beam to exit the bottom of the nozzle.
    What causes the singe/scorch look on the cut? (C02 Laser)Attachment 216208
    Lastly adjust the bed level to the nozzle by using a piece of wood between the nozzle and the bed. Distance should not vary more than 0.5mm on all areas of the bed.

Re: Lasercut 5.3 start point and end point not matched and curve line not smooth?

Hi Shizyo,

We had that problem some time ago, and the reason why this was happening to our machine was only belt.
    We are not sure will this help You, but at least it not hurt. We hope that you will fix it.

To put both of the belts in the right position You must first loose their tension very much, then step by step to tight them slowly-slowly (never tight first one belt and then the other) - do it in iterations.
    They must be straight and tight, also, if You have not clean the belts also there can be some little piece of wood stuck on belt and make the same thing again and again (this also happened to us).
    Our advice is to check for trivial things first (We work more than 16 h per day,every day with Chinese laser and become aware of funny things that happen often).
    Also, not to forget, during the time do the reset of XY axis on laser.

Best regards and We hope You will solve this issue.
    KH-5030 and a lot of good will

Re: Lasercut 5.3 start point and end point not matched and curve line not smooth?

As you can see i have almost the same problems, but it has nothing to do with the laser because some holes are oke?
    Idon't know whats wrong, maybe somebody knows?

HI Guus46a
    If the circle is open on the left ir right wile still lying on the worksbed then the proglem is with the X-rail.
    If the circle is opening is on the top or bottom , your problem is with the Y-Direction.
    The X-Rail is normaly the drive that work the most. See that the machine is unpluged from the mains. Also unplug the 3 or 4 wires from your drive controller, 3 Phase UVW or Single phase A+, A-, B+, B-
    Test your belts by moving the X and Y rail slowly up and down and slowly right to left. If your belt is jumpy in any direction, they need to be replaced. Also check that the timing pulleys is clean from buildup or even worn down,they need to be replaced.You should also lisen to the bearings if they make any noise and if so they need replacing.

Hello Sky1
    The problem is now that the 4 holes on the middle are open, and this is the x direction. When i go to AI and draw those 4 again, then it is possible that 2 are oke and 3 others are open. This has nothing to do with the hole sizes and the place on the bed where they are positioned.
    Its fully random and a surprise witch ones are good or wrong. There is nothing to find in AI and all holes are closed.

Like I said you will have to test the belt first by removing the motor connnector from the driver board and see if the belt jumps teeth when moving the laser head by hand.
    The open end belts have a tendancy to stretch and needs to be replaced about every 3years. Whyle replacing the belts also look for dirt on the pulleys and clean them thouroughly.
    Also check all grub screws to make sure they are propely tighten and not touching any grubscrews. I thnk a good test is to hold the motor pulley and move the laser head with the other hand to see if there is any play.

Hi Sky1

I cheched everything but its all good. If i want to make the circles almost good, i have to take 1 piece of 1 % off if you understand wat i mean in AI.
    In some kind of way i can not laser circles.