584,805 active members*
5,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Milling a PCB

I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but here goes anyway. I would like to be able to mill a small pcb using Turbocad. Can anyone out there tell me the steps I need to go through to generate the required G-Code. I have designed the circuit in Eagle software, but am at a loss as where to go from there. Thanks in advance

Ayjay

Quote Originally Posted by Ayjay
    I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but here goes anyway. I would like to be able to mill a small pcb using Turbocad. Can anyone out there tell me the steps I need to go through to generate the required G-Code. I have designed the circuit in Eagle software, but am at a loss as where to go from there. Thanks in advance

Ayjay
    There is a wonderfull ulp that can be added to Eagle called pcb-gcode.ulp made by John Johnson. Look at his Yahoo group at http://groupyahoo.com/group/pcb-gcode/

This ulp can make the Gcode file from the .brd Eagle file who can be used in several CNC programs. I work with TurboCNC with verry good results.

AbSat.

ps. ynneb is using the same ulp I see and points to a verry good introduction.

Thanks ynneb for the link - very informative. I downloaded and installed the files but when i tried to run it I got the folowing error message:
    can't open '/temp/tempdrill.xxx'
    No such file or directory
    Can anyone out there tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance

Ayjay