584,829 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Solid to wireframe HELP

Solid to wireframe HELP

Hi guys, I know this is sort of backwards, but I need some help to get a wireframe (like for dimensioning and 2D work) from an "Iges" file from Solidworks? I can import the file and see it fine, but there is some problems and the guy who supplied this Solidworks file can't seem to get the rest if the surfaces that are missing when they import with out them.

So, is there a way in MC8 or MC9 to change or create a wireframe in this?

I'm going to be doing a few different parts, and the customer doesn't really care what I do as long as it looks "close" to whats there, and tolerance are OK, +-.002".

Thanks, John

Main Menu/Create/Curve/All Edges/ Select solid body option and turn off solid edges option. Select your solid. Then done/do it.

That should get you what you are looking for.

HTH

AC

Thanks, that work. Just what I needed. i knew there wasn't too much to it. John :cheers:

I would also suggect changing the color and changing your active level before you create the wireframe. That way you can turn off the level with the surfaces and just work with the wireframe (if you need to).

Mike
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com