585,938 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Open Source CNC Machine Designs > building a PRO CRP 4' x 8' in Denmark need help with electronics

building a PRO CRP 4' x 8' in Denmark need help with electronics

Hello everyone
    I'm from Denmark and is going to build a cncrp Pro 4' x 8' machine (my first CNC)
    I 've talked with Ahren and Cory from CNCrouterparts they have been very helpful, I would like to buy a complete kit from them with electronics and all, but Customs and VAT in Denmark is very high when you buy something outside the EU it will simply be too expensive.

So I decided to buy their hardware only kit and buy aluminum and electronics in the EU
    I need some help to find out what electronics I need to buy.

I have looked at the nema 34 1600oz.in kit that is being sold on Ebay from Longs Motor ?Free Ship from Germany? 4Axis Nema34 Stepper Motor 1600oz.in dual shaft CNC Kit | eBay that has been written a lot about in here, and I am aware of the warnings about high Inductance that do not fit the 60VDC power supplies. I have, however, seen on tool designer thread http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open_s...g_crp4848.htmlwhich also builds a cncrouterparts machine, and he seems happy with this kit even with the old 48vdc power supplies.

Now I have found another kit with 1090oz.in nema 34 motors with only 4.1 mh Inductance same 60VDC power supplys and the same drivers , here are all the specifications.
    Frame Size: NEMA34
    Step Angle: 1.8 degree
    Voltage: 2.13V
    Current: 5.6A/phase
    Resistance: 0.38 Ohm/phase
    Inductance: 4.1 mH/phase
    Holding torque: 7.7N.m 1090oz-in
    Rotor inertia: 1700g-cm2
    Number of wire leads: 4
    Weight: 3 kgs
    Length: 100mm

Will this be a better choice ? (the price is almost the same )

I hope you guys will help me and I apologize for my bad english I hope you understand what I have written, and otherwise just ask me :-)

No one will comment on these stepper motor Specs?

Hi.
    You can get linear components from Mekanex - transmission equipment - linear movements . 4.1 mH motors will be better choice.