584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC Teknix Powered Profile Putter

CNC Teknix Powered Profile Putter

Hi All,

I have recently finished setting up a large 5 axis profile cutter, and thought people might be interested in a bit of info.

Machine has 12meters in X axis and 3.5meters in Y. It has a Z axis of about 250mm and a W axis of about 50mm, which is basically used for engraving/marking and centre drilling. An A axis is also fitted for plasma cutting/routing around a rotational axis. A plasma torch height controller is also fitted.

I was contacted by a friend who wanted to set up a business oxy & plasma cutting, we tossed around a few ideas and eventually came up with a game plan. I was to lend technical support to the mechanical design and construction while my friend did the actual dirty work (good plan), while I supplied and fitted the electrics and electronics. I did several drawings of key features of the mechanics.

About halfway through the manufacturing process the design got changed from a 2 axis plasma/oxy machine to a 5 axis routing/engraving/plasma/oxy type machine.

I bought all the DC servo motors from a company, fitted them all up, and got the machine basically working. Unfortunatly I blew up several of the servo drives I was using - (Not CNC Teknix drives). In desperation I contacted Peter from CNC Teknix and asked him if they had a product that would help me, and suit the motors that I had on this machine. HIS SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    His drives are just about bullet proof and as I have said this service and help over the phone was wonderfull.

I have since used these drives on a large format router and once again service/support and functionality were great.

Here are a few snaps of the machine.

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0058.JPG   100_0066.JPG   100_0067.JPG   100_0069.JPG  

100_0074.JPG   100_0081.JPG  

Andrew,

Thanks for the pic's. Nice looking machine. Do you have any pic's inside the controller? Do you have any plans to do another machine soon? If so we all would like to see a running log thread.

Dave
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i only see 3-axis.... if that is a plasma torch, i only really see 2 axis.. 5?

Hi VacPress,

There are five axis and also a plasma torch height control.

There are X, Y & Z axis, the plasma torch with its torch height control get mounted to the tee slots of the Z axis by a magnetic clamp system. The Plasma torch can be replaced by a Oxy torch also by means of the magnetic clamps. A router can be mounted to the Z axis by bolting to the tee slots.
    There is a W axis which can have an engraver, centre drilling head or powder marking system fitted.
    A rotary axis A is mounted down the side of the machine(a bit hard to see in the photos.

Andrew

Hi Vacpress,

Found a photo of the rotary axis.

Andrew