585,717 active members*
4,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC Teknix Powered Profile Putter

Threaded View

CNC Teknix Powered Profile Putter

Hi All,

I have recently finished setting up a large 5 axis profile cutter, and thought people might be interested in a bit of info.

Machine has 12meters in X axis and 3.5meters in Y. It has a Z axis of about 250mm and a W axis of about 50mm, which is basically used for engraving/marking and centre drilling. An A axis is also fitted for plasma cutting/routing around a rotational axis. A plasma torch height controller is also fitted.

I was contacted by a friend who wanted to set up a business oxy & plasma cutting, we tossed around a few ideas and eventually came up with a game plan. I was to lend technical support to the mechanical design and construction while my friend did the actual dirty work (good plan), while I supplied and fitted the electrics and electronics. I did several drawings of key features of the mechanics.

About halfway through the manufacturing process the design got changed from a 2 axis plasma/oxy machine to a 5 axis routing/engraving/plasma/oxy type machine.

I bought all the DC servo motors from a company, fitted them all up, and got the machine basically working. Unfortunatly I blew up several of the servo drives I was using - (Not CNC Teknix drives). In desperation I contacted Peter from CNC Teknix and asked him if they had a product that would help me, and suit the motors that I had on this machine. HIS SERVICE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    His drives are just about bullet proof and as I have said this service and help over the phone was wonderfull.

I have since used these drives on a large format router and once again service/support and functionality were great.

Here are a few snaps of the machine.

Andrew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0058.JPG   100_0066.JPG   100_0067.JPG   100_0069.JPG  

100_0074.JPG   100_0081.JPG