585,728 active members*
4,892 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > ALARM 2034 - MOTOR OVERLOAD - DOOSAN PUMA 400L

ALARM 2034 - MOTOR OVERLOAD - DOOSAN PUMA 400L

Hi,

We're getting this alarm on our Puma 400L. No 2034 (Motor Overload) It also blows the breaker labeled -Q11 in the electrical cabinet at the same time.

We're running a job that has a 3 hour cycle time on one tool. I thought at the beginning that a servo motor was overheating, but on all of axes the cuts max out on the load meter at 35% or so. I had the guys clean off the cooling fans on all of them to be sure.

In the electricals I found that breaker -Q11 powers the chip conveyor and lubrication.(possibly other stuff too, not sure) I don't see any problems with them. The machine alarms in cycle only. Power on with the conveyor running doesn't alarm.

We're making a fair amount of chips, but less than we've put through this thing on past jobs. So I've ruled that out. The way lubrication seems to be working right.

I'm stumped...

Loose connection to the lube pump motor, chip conveyor motor or circuit breaker. Or you have a bad circuit breaker. I would bet on the loose connection. If there is an overload on either of these motors I would verify that the current is set correctly.

A clamp on Amp meter will tell the story, if anything is over drawing. Cheap on Ebay, and a great tool for many problems. Get an AC/DC one. Extech is a good unit at a low price.

What is your ladder version?

Press System Hardkey
    Press PMC softkey
    Press PMC Config Softkey
    Press TITLE softkey

The field "program drawing number" is the ladder version (it is a long, alphanumeric number, separated by a comma or colon, then another long, alphanumeric number)
    I need the whole thing.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Nevermind, I just re-checked 4 different versions and they are all the same.
    2034 is from input X10.2
    It just monitors the OL circuit of all the motors.
    The tripped circuit caused it.

ifixcnc is correct:
    The clamp meter will tell you if the Amps match what the circuit breaker is set at.

If amps are lower than the setting of the breaker, then the breaker if faulty.
    If amps are greater, check the motor windings for abnormal reading.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Motor Overload

pls see attached file.

I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to update this thread -

- Basically there's a thin flexible sheet of metal that holds the wiring running to the turret that Doosan calls a "ribbon". That snapped in half, but was still attached to the wiring. As it moved along it's travel it was rubbing on the chip conveyor wiring (which shouldn't happen btw). A hot wire in there was getting grounded.

Replaced the conveyor wiring, the X-axis serial cable(insulation also destroyed), and the "ribbon". Everything's good now.