Looks like I'm 2 years late to find this thread while looking up info about Full Spectrum Laser, and after reading this thread and the previous one about Gene's troubles with the Kaspars, I am saddened to see this type of a scam take place. Not wanting to dig up old wounds, I hope Gene found some resolution with this character. I'm curious to find out what happened next (after spending the last few hours reading page after page of this thrilling story). If this finds you, it appears your makerspace is up in full swing and rather successful I might say, so I am happy to find out you eventually moved on and found success in your ventures.

I found the old court documents of 2013-2014 while looking up John and his wife Traci (facebook.com/traci.kaspar) (it appears they are still at it today with their current company Laser Depot USA, with a previous stint as VIP Lasers), and looks like the husband and wife have both had unethical business practices for years. John's mention of having "differing opinions on business practices", actually meant that he had stolen, sabotaged, extorted and defrauded his former employer in order to directly compete with it. He had taken the job as CFO of Full Spectrum while lying that he was a certified public accountant (requirement for the position), had hired a fake webdesign company to build and maintain their website in which he secretly owned (ran by his wife and daughter; Jenesis Designs), in doing so had full access to trade secrets/contacts/clients/strategies and proprietary information that led to his formation of Hurricane Laser in Florida while still employed by FSL (in order to compete, all while under an NDA), months later he quit the company to focus full time on Hurricane, but continued to steal data as he had full access to their email servers and sabotaged/deleted their data, and stolen/diverted its clients. This case was won in FSL's favor.

Unfortunately many people have been scammed by this couple (not just you), and probably continue to do so to this day from their businesses in Las Vegas...

I wish you well and anyone else who has been hurt by this.