585,938 active members*
3,255 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bought a welder and plasma cutter now what table??

Hey guys I recently acquired a Fabricator 252i and a Powermax 65 and now I'm set on building a plasma table.

I live in northern Ontario, Canada so I would prefer to buy from a Canadian source to avoid rediculous shipping charges. A few manufacturers I contacted do not ship to Canada or charge close to 2000 just for the shipping!

I'm looking to spend a maximum of 10 000$ for the completed table. I need some opinions on the gantry kits available to Canadian buyers. I know that Precision Plasma doesn't ship to Canada anymore and Tensor CNC will not reply to any of my emails. Are there any other company's that make a similar or better product? I am mainly looking for a gantry kit that will work with CandCnC but I am open to a complete table if its within the budget. I'm looking to built a 5x5 table within the next couple months. And want it running 100% by spring if possible.

Thanks!
    Brandon

**also forgot to mention that I would be very interested in a rotary chuck attachment to cut tubing and a air scribe attachment**

I did consider buying a torchmate but the price is just too high for me. I cant justify paying 10k for a 4x4 table that doesnt have thc or any accesories

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We ship to Canada all of the time. Yes, it is more expensive and your customs can be a PITA but USPS Global Express is the lowest cost up to about 70 lbs. You should be able to get what you want including a high performance THC for well under your budget even if you elect to go with our new DTHC IV and the Ether-Cut upgrade. You may have to consider building the mechanicals from parts. I don't know if CNCRouter parts ships to Canada but they can supply the beatings, carriages, belt reduction and rack & pinion. Also check VELOXCNC for gantry components including complete Z plasma assemblies and gantry kits. We can help with drawings of the motors and suggestions for transmission ratios to get optimum performance. I would assume there are some solutions because we ship a lot of electronics to Canada. I guess it depends where you live there and how easy it is to get to the US We have single cable direct connection kits (plug...twist...DONE!)for the Hypertherm 65 (machine torch version) and we support their optional RS485 serial port to do TAP.. Total Automation Plasma

TOMcaudle
    www.Candcnc.com