585,698 active members*
3,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Wire a safe PID for a Heated 3d Printed Bed

Wire a safe PID for a Heated 3d Printed Bed

I really don't know what I'm doing so bear with me. I got a MK 1 Heat Plate, a Rex C100FK02-M*AN PID, a Fotek SSR-25 DA relay, and a K type Thermocouple. I am trying to build a stand alone heated bed temperature control that I can manually set the temp. I have attached documents that explain everything I have in detail and, a diagram of how I think it could be wired. Please be gentle with me and try to explain things as if I'm ten years old,(I'm really 64) I just glaze over when it comes to this kind of stuff. If what I see is true I can use either house current or 12v dc, I have two power supplies, one rated at 12v dc 5A, and one rated at 12v dc 30A. Please correct this for me and reply with a diagram of it, so I don't burn up my components. Thank you.

Don't think you have a PID controller there. You have a simple relay on/off from the looks of it. You can get a PID one on Amazon for ~$25.

The back should look more like this
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pid+...en%3B500%3B569

with a dedicated output for a SSR.

Well then you say I did not get a Rex c100 PID, it sure looks like it, then what did I get? Can I use it to do what I want, that's what I need here. Can anyone diagram it with what I have or, is that an impossibility??? I simply want to run current thru the so called PID to regulate and display the degrees of temp at the bed surface. Please HELP !!!!!!!