586,000 active members*
4,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > BMC 20 - Servo Amp Fault On Z Axis

BMC 20 - Servo Amp Fault On Z Axis

Have a new problem on my BMC 20. After powering on, I get the flashing block cursor on screen and then, "Servo Amp Fault On Z Axis". This appears before the, "** Machine Configuration **", appears on the display. I cannot clear the fault.

It has been much colder than normal here the last week and I have tried putting a small space heaters in the electric cabinets in the back for a little while to help warm them up. I've also tried swapping the ribbon cables between the Y and Z in the right-hand cabinet (error stayed the same, Servo Amp Fault On Z). I've looked for any tripped breaker in the cabinets and cannot see any, but maybe I have missed one or more.

After initial problems and resolutions for Y-axis and toolchanger issues, the machine had been powering up properly and I had been able to run warm up cycles and short programs to test it out.

What are the steps to logically troubleshoot the Z Amp Fault?

Finally found the source of my Z Amp Fault. During cleaning of the 'lectrics cabinets, I had disconnected cables to the crp and axis boards in order to pull the cards and clean the edge connectors. One of the cable ends got plugged into the wrong connector on the control relay board when reconnecting everything ... DOH!!! Took a lot of time to find, but all is well now.