584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6T not starting up after repair

Fanuc 6T not starting up after repair

I have a Hardinge Superslant lathe from the mid 1980's. It has a 6T control (General Numeric "GN6").

A few days ago, I had the coupling (between resolver and ball screw) go out for my X-axis and I had a runaway axis motor for a second there.

I removed the resolver, replaced the coupling, timed the resolver like the book said....here is my problem...

When you first turn on the machine (Normally and now) there is a 1004 alarm that needs to be cleared by pressing and holding the E-stop reset button. By pressing the E-stop reset, you are turning on the hydraulics and the servo drives.....

usually if you hold the E-stop reset button down long enough.....the screen changes to alarm 1004 home all axis.....this is what Im trying to get the machine to do again.....instead.....I hold the E-stop reset button down.....hydraulics come on......screen doesn't change.....

the second I let go of E-stop reset......the hydraulics just shut off as if the button was never pressed.

Any help would be great.....Im looking for the logic chain for startup.....I suspect the servo motors are not receiving a signal for some reason...and that is what is stopping the machine from going to the next step.

Thanks

Axis on an end limit, or stuck limit switch?

not now....it was for a bit due to mistiming the resolver....but that alarm is off....I can bring it back on at anytime by manually moving the x-axis up or down....and hitting the limits....however....z-axis wont trip the limits.

Sounds like the limit switch is stuck on. When they dont get used for a long time, the plungers get sticky and once the machine goes to the end limit the switch goes in and stays there.

Ok...Ill check it....

The machine was running fine 72 hours ago......and since it was x-axis coupling....I figured it would originate out of that repair.....it is strange that I can manually move z-axis all the way to the limit and not get the alarm.....again....X-axis....I can make the limit go on and off no problem.

BTW...thanks for your help in this

I checked the limits and it is not them....now when I push the E-stop reset.....I do not get anything other than a click from the hydraulics.....any help would be great.

No luck...Still wondering if anyone may know whats up with my 6t lathe

If you have an electrical print jump out a section at a time of the circuit that pulls in Master on and Hydraulics. Its best to have a helper at the main switch to shut it down in case anything crazy happens.

Just moved the machine to make room for another.....Im still hell bent on it running

I have the logic chain here for startup.....Im gonna run the gambit.....Ill let ya know.

Re: Fanuc 6T not starting up after repair

Coming back to an old thread here....finally got the machine up and running a year later....by going at it off and on.....

to say I learned about machine repair is an understatement...LOL.....every board had bad CAPS and I basically rewired the entire machine to make it "reliable".....every sensor and every solendiod was cleaned and/or replaced.....lots of love given to this superslant......

Currently it is running away with paintball barrels for my new marker coming up....last month I had to say it probably paid all my bills

anybody ever have a superslant issue....I can help you