586,005 active members*
4,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Deckel DMU 50V

Need some help. I have a Deckel 50V with millplus control V400. I am having trouble calling subs from my main program. Book states G22 N="program number". This will work if the size of the program is not too big. I tried anyway and got a 251 error "program too large". I was told that for large programs (I have 4 subs from 1M to 4.9M) that I need to use G23 N="program number". I try this I get a syntax error. Anybody got an answer? Deckel does not.

if you have big programs in a Millplus you should delete the first line whith the %PM..... in it

else you can't load it in your memory, you need to load it from your HD

The programs are already loaded in the HD. Are you suggesting that they will not load into the buffer memory with a G23 call up until the %PM is deleted?

if the program is bigger then ±4000 Kb it will be to big for your memory, you should delete the %PM

can you load the program (that you want to call in G23) in the auto mode ?
    then you know for shure

Yes, I can load the program in the auto mode. I have run this program as it's own main, now I want to call it up several times through a new main program with different rotations.

can you show me an example of your files ?

This is the start of the program I want to call up as a sub:
    %PM15
    N15
    N102 G70
    N104 ( f01.nc )
    The %PM15 header is needed to load the program into the control, but once it's in the HD you can pull up in the editor and you see no %PM to delete.

how do you call your program in your main file ? with N... G23 N=15 ?

were is the sub program located ? is this the same dir as your main program, do you place your sub program in the macro file dir ?

have you tried to rename your file to 9015 in stead of 15 ?

immigrate to holland, that's a lot easier !

I tried to use the G23 N=15 in the main to call it up, but I get a syntax error. This program is located in the same dir as the main. If I place it in the macro file dir I have to use G22 N=15 which is the callup from macro dir. If I use this the error is "program too large". DMG told me that for large programs I must use G23 not G22. The 9000 names are for macros and that's not the call up I'm using. I actually work with a guy who immigrated from Holland, but he can't figure it out either.

can you send me the files, I'll load them in my Millplus DMU125P maybe that will give me a brain wave ?????

The main program is simple. Looks like this:
    %PM20
    N20
    N100 G23 N=15
    N110 M30
    The sub is attached. I had to cut alot to bring it down to size. The original size is 4.9M. you might just edit and repeat the moves to bring it up to original size. My email cuts out zip files and I renamed to a doc to send through this site.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up

ok I'll try these files, forgot to tell you that we have holidays till monday, gonna reply to you monday morning

must tell there seems to be nothing wrong but I"m gonna try it
    http:\\www.adcos.nl

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    The %PM15 header is needed to load the program into the control, but once it's in the HD you can pull up in the editor and you see no %PM to delete.
    if you open the file in the text editor you can see and delete the %PM, the text editor is in the same pull down menu as were you can copy files and make dir's (control menu)

do you load your program in "cad-mode" in the auto menu?? that's needed for large programs, select cad-mode and then select your main program, this will only work if you delete the %PM line

you problably know that a doc file can't be loaded, it should be a PM file
    http:\\www.adcos.nl