584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Fonts another new subject

Fonts another new subject

I know here he goes again ? LoL another subject. Letterheadfonts has some really nice fonts. I installed their test and Bobcad does not see it.Anyone on the forum use their product. It I cannot use there fonts can anyone I D this font or something close.
    The time has come the woodworker said to speak of many things. 0f routers and Wood , chips and paints and stains and CNC and other things.

Not an answer to your question,but here is a free software that makes quicker work of viewing your different fonts in different ways

Font Viewer

As far as I know, BobCAD uses its own internal fonts, and Windows Truetype fonts. If you find a Truetype font you like, be sure you install it within Windows, for BobCAD to see it. There may well be conversion software to turn other formats into Truetype fonts.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

That's excellent, thanks!!!
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Found this feature on the site SBC linked, as well. Pretty cool idea (didn't try it to see if it worked...). WhatTheFont! « MyFonts
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gallchobhair View Post
    I know here he goes again ? LoL another subject. Letterheadfonts has some really nice fonts. I installed their test and Bobcad does not see it.Anyone on the forum use their product. It I cannot use there fonts can anyone I D this font or something close.

I Googled free font celtic and this is one of the top results -

Free celtic fonts - FontSpace

Something there might be suitable, if not there are lots more sites yielded by the above Google Search,
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    Found this feature on the site SBC linked, as well. Pretty cool idea (didn't try it to see if it worked...). WhatTheFont! « MyFonts
    It works very well. I use Corel Draw X4 and the WTF feature is built in (as long as you have an open internet connection). The name is priceless of course

I uploaded the "Murphy" sample and the correct font was the third one listed. It doesn't get any easier than that. Of course they make their money by selling you the font so it's unlikely they will offer a freebie. But once you know what to look for it's not hard to find a similar, free font using a search engine.