585,975 active members*
4,612 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6t rs232 stopped working

I have been transferring data flawlessly from nc link to my lathe by rs232 for some time but today I fired it up after a few weeks of not being used and I can't get the data transferred. At the control I select edit and press read and edit flashes on the screen. On the pc I select the file and select my fanuc machine and nothing happens at either end. My pc and program work as I transferred files to my fadal mill today without trouble.

I have checked the cable and if seems fine but am happy to remake it if they are reported to be unreliable.
    Where to look next. Any ideas.

Well I did some research and it would seem that I need to check the signals coming out of the fanuc serial port. If they don't check out then if could be either a master pcb or a puncher card. Does anyone have an idea on testing the serial port?

Have ordered a serial break out box to fault find the port. i had a play around with different calbe configurations tonight and i managed to get a program to load but then i tried again and nothing just a 086 alarm. i have since googled every different cable configuration that i can find and some gave an error straight away and others didn't.

currently the cable set up i have uses pin 4 to turn on pin 6 and 8 instead of using the fanuc pin 20.

this current cable doesn't give me any alarms but just no data transfer i guess untill the breakout box arrives i am flying blind