585,737 active members*
4,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Support ??

Support ??

i noticed my Pro v8 1016 has a bug in export section, formats are listed twice. how does one contact Punch for support issues?

Attachment 218672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	218674

Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Kid View Post
    i noticed my Pro v8 1016 has a bug in export section, formats are listed twice. how does one contact Punch for support issues?

Attachment 218672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	218674
    Do the two "bugs" work ? Maybe it is a "feature" so you do not have to scroll as much !

If only one works, I suggest you use the one that works and ignore the other..... Perhaps its a typo where one is for a certain previous version and the other is not ? In the end, use what works.

EXPORT to same program is usually just for "saving" to an earlier version. When working with the same versions across the board, usually you just use File: "save" and File: "Open".... has always worked for me. I have V8 cheapo open right now and I only have one Viacad export, and when clicked on, I get a dropdown to the right that asks me which version I want to export to. Do you not get that with pro ?

I have Pro on a different PC that is not turned on right now (did I mention I did not find anything in Pro that >I< needed and as such seldom use it ?)

Who you gonna call ? I believe mmoe posted phone numbers to call a few times in earlier threads, you will need to look back at them. They also do have their own forum, and.... well, again,..... its a really INEXPENSIVE program that does an incredible amount of the same exact stuff many purchase $2500 software for... certainly not everything, but as requested, a really great program for any "newbie" to jump into 3d with..., all of which I thought was made very clear.

If you get totally dismayed and start the hunt for something else that comes anywhere close to Viacads functionality for say, even under $200, be sure to let us all know because we are always looking for really good Cad bargains.
    Chris L

the dupe items are exactly the same. highlighted was just as example, they are all dupes, etc.

even if it were $35, i still want support at some level. i have no idea if ViaCAD is a good value or not, i dont have anything else to compare to. if you say its a good value, then maybe its a good value.

At this point there is no reason to report a bug like that. V8 is probably not going to be updated again, at least that's my guess since the Beta for V9 has already gone through many revisions itself. Plus, in the grand scheme of things, we'll all be better off if the development time is spent on V9 instead of fixing a bug in V8 that is not really causing errors or breaking the software in any way. It may look weird, and I can understand that to some it may feel sloppy, but it harms nothing for them to all be there twice as long as they all work. If you want to help with bugs, I'd suggest that you sign up to do the beta testing and go through the bug submission process for V9. I have a feeling you're going to like Viacad enough that you'll eventually be an update customer, especially at the prices Viacad Pro updates run, so it's a good time to take part in making it the best it can be. There is a thread about the Viacad beta in this forum.

For actual support issues, not so much bug reporting, these are the best numbers, particularly the first two (straight from the Punchcad Forums):

Technical Support Phone :
    312-470-1759
    800-856-9601

Technical Support:
    http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/

Sales Support (buy a new seat or upgrade an existing seat)
    763-450-2466

If you are anything like me, once you get used to ViaCAD 2d/3d you'll find yourself using more and more of its toolset and start to need the capabilities of ViaCAD Pro, which includes everything the 2d/3d version has, plus some extras like the Tangent Cover tool, for capping awkward areas.

In my opinion, the only other similar priced CAD worth looking at for ease of use and solid implementation of functions is MoI. I've been able to do things in MoI that have proved to be much more awkward in Pro, but MoI lacks other things such as dimensioning so it's a matter of using the best features of both programs.

Martin.

yeah, its not an impacting bug as far as i know. and yes, i'd rather them focus on v9.