585,743 active members*
5,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Fanuc digital spindle drive lies about AL-04 error

Fanuc digital spindle drive lies about AL-04 error

I have a Fanuc spindle drive A06B-6055-H106 on a Hitachi Seiki VK-45. My old board started giving problems with AL-19 Excessive alarm of U phase current detection circuit offset. That could be resolved for a time by just power down/up but became worse to the point of not reset-able and I could not find out what the real problem was or how to fix it other than "send in the unit and we will charge lots".

I found another main board in England with a some minor mechanical damage. I fixed that and installed the fixed board...It complains of a AL-04 or "Fuses F1,F2,F3 for AC input blown out.". Well no their not. The fuses are just fine and I have power all the way to the "DM" (from the diagram label) (what ever a "DM" is....). The Fanuc "service manual" for this series of spindle drives is a joke. For the alarm 19 it just says "replace board"....thanks...thanks alot, that really helps.

I need my machine back badly. Anyone have any ideas on the "REAL" cause of either of those two errors?

Keshka

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140114_180616.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	218844
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140114_180628.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	218846

For the U phase problem, have you meggered and micro ohmed the motor to be sure it is drawing evenly all the legs. U phase error means unbalaced load. The board can falsely report that as well, I would try to find a known working board and swap it in.

Ifixcnc, does the board check the motor windings on startup? The Phase error happens at first power on of the breaker before the rest of the machine is started. Would disconnecting the motor help isolate this error?

Keshka, I would try what you suggested. The drive should not realize the motor is disconnected, and if was truly and unbalanced load on the motor, you should not get the alarm. What is odd is that you are getting the alarm on startup without running the spindle at all. What is the model of the drive?

John

The board does not check the windings, it just looks for an unbalanced output. A working board as a test will save you alot of run around.

Well I had a chance to try more experiments.
    The replacement board still shows AL-04 with the motor disconnected.
    My original board still shows AL-19 with the motor disconnected.

I also have another issue when using my original board. Yesterday I was able to reset it after several tries and get 00000 showing on the display. I started and initialized the mill and all works fine in MDI mode. X,Y,Z movements and motor commands start and stop the spindle at any speed or direction. All is smooth and normal. However the mill will not execute a program in AUTO mode. The program runs till it hits a move or motor command then just hangs with no error. It is as if I had pressed the feed hold button. Is this problem something unique or is it related to my spindle drive problem?

Hi I refurbish an Bridgeport 412 interact and the boards i have taken out Look ident the owner wants to sell all stuff probably an Option ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Does the replacement board work in another machine?

I only have one machine to try it on ifixcnc. Even my friend in Pennsylvania who also has a VK-45, his machine uses a different spindle drive unit.
    TKamsker, What is he asking for the drive unit?

Hi
    I am at vacation right now so ill Visit the factory next Week ill ask ok ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Tkamsker....did not know my mail was full....I fixed it so you may try again if you like.

When the program hangs, page thru the diagnostic pages and you should be able to see what it is waiting for.

ifixcnc...good idea. Most in there is nothing but 1's and 0's but there is some info labeled.