584,842 active members*
4,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > More transform help

More transform help

I can get transform to work...kinda... I can get it to transform the operation once, but not more than once. Also, by changing the number of steps on the translate - between points parameter, it just seems to increment the work offset (which is also the first operation) instead of creating another set of operations. However, the number increments in the operation manager next to the backplot icon (I've associated that number with size of NC file, not sure if that's exactly how it works). So, it looks like the transform is calculating extra operations with each step increase, yet not actually posting them. Also, operation type doesn't organize by operation. It still wants to complete the part before changing origins. Help?

Attachment 218938
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	218940

By changing to operation order, and selecting disable posting of source operations, I can now get it to increment the work offset starting at G54 (that's what I want). Also, the number of steps in the translate tab corresponds to how many extra transforms I want (1 = my original +1), which is contradictory to what I've read elsewhere. Also, there is NO way I can find to get the toolpath to organize efficiently to make tool-driven paths instead of part-driven paths. I would like it to keep the current tool across all work offsets before changing to the next tool. Changing to operation type just posts one interation no matter how many steps I call for.

Anyone?

Sometimes it takes an early morning with a fresh head to catch a mistake. I was scrolling through using the Next Tool button and assuming it wasn't posting the transformed toolpaths. By manually scrolling I saw that it was likely doing what I wanted the entire time and organizing them as needed. Derp.