584,837 active members*
5,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CW5000 vs CW5200

I read hear that there are flaws with the CW5000 but can't find what exactly they are.

Would someone care to comment on what the advantages are to having the 5200 over the 5000. This will be for a Reci W2 / 80W but it does get very hot where I live and will be working in low humidy high temp environment in the Summer, even up to 30 - 40 C.

Thanks!

From what I've read also its just that the 500's fail and the 52 is much more reliable. Maybe someone else has a better explanation but if it fail why take a chance get the more reliable one. you get what you pay for so they say.

normally , w2 80w reci laser tube ,more people choose cw-3000 water chiller ,of course cw-5200 is better solution , for high tempeture area , 5200 is essential ,but for 5000 only a little change with 5200, you should check if the water chiller ,maybe there is something wrong with you chiller .

thunderlaser Guest
    Hello ,Bill
    You can visit the website to know more about the Water Chiller
    Water Chiller Instructions
    If you have any thing unclear ,just feel free to ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyBill View Post
    I read hear that there are flaws with the CW5000 but can't find what exactly they are.

Would someone care to comment on what the advantages are to having the 5200 over the 5000. This will be for a Reci W2 / 80W but it does get very hot where I live and will be working in low humidy high temp environment in the Summer, even up to 30 - 40 C.

Thanks!
    - - - Updated - - -

Hello ,Bill
    You can visit the website to know more about the Water Chiller
    http://www.thunderlaser.com/products/laser-accessories/206-water-chiller-instructions.html
    If you have any thing unclear ,just feel free to ask me

Thanks!

I do not know much about CW5000/5200 but I have got one(DWT-8PSA model) from Water Cooler with Water Tank | DERYUN PRECISE INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. | Product Information

It cools down two 140W tubes very well. Even for 30 minutes job water temperature stays within 2 degrees range. I set it to cool down if water goes higher than 18 degrees C and it does the job. And recently when it was +37 C in my shop water temperature was within 18-20 C all the time my laser was on.

CW3000 is rated to 50 watts (it isn't a chiller, its a fan and a copper coil)

The CW5000 has a dissimilar metal joint in the cooling gas coil that can lead to gas leakage, great but there is no way to refill them if they do vent the gas out unless you add an ancilliary port. The pump on the 5000 is also rather small considering the work it has to do.

5200 is a fine piece of kit.

cheers

Dave

Hurricane21 Guest
    BadBoy,

We have shipped over 400 CW500's with our lasers and maybe had warranty issues with 2 or 3 at the most. Some are working in makerplaces at 10+ hours a day and others in Phoenix garages etc.

Let me know if we can help in any other way.

John

Re: CW5000 vs CW5200

How about we tape a $100 Wally World 5000 BTU air conditioner to a CW3000 chiller? Now it's a 5000 BTU chiller.(1466 watts) How many BTU's is the CW 5000?

Adrian

teyuchiller Guest

we are the CW5000 and CW5200 chiller manufacturer
    first,you can see the control panel dispay alarm code, and find the reasons from the specification

Alarm Display:

E1 Over high room temperature
    E2 Over high water temperature
    E3 Over low water temperature
    E4 Room temperature sensor failure
    E5 Water temperature sensor failure

Hi'
    We are the manufacturer of chiller model CW-3000, thank you for using S&A chiller.
    please tell me what is the problem with the chiller.

Thanks!
    S&A company specializes in producing industrial water chillers for more than 12 years , S&A chiller series include:CW-3000,CW-5000,CW-5200,Email: [email protected]

Hello all I am new on the forums and had a question and do not see where to add a new post, maybe because I just joined. I have been running a Chinese 40 Watt laser for about 6 months I was told to use RV antifreeze for coolant. I have just purchased a new 80 Watt Chinese CNC laser machine and the CW5200 chiller. My question is should I use the same RV (pink) antifreeze with the chiller or do I just use plain water? I believe one of the reason to use antifreeze was to keep anything from growing in it. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks for any information.

Frank Jones

Hi, you has pictures of this good idea A/C + CW3000 = 5000 BTU Chiller, NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesnaround View Post
    Hello all I am new on the forums and had a question and do not see where to add a new post, maybe because I just joined. I have been running a Chinese 40 Watt laser for about 6 months I was told to use RV antifreeze for coolant. I have just purchased a new 80 Watt Chinese CNC laser machine and the CW5200 chiller. My question is should I use the same RV (pink) antifreeze with the chiller or do I just use plain water? I believe one of the reason to use antifreeze was to keep anything from growing in it. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Thanks for any information.

Frank Jones
    To jonesnaround:

You can add antifreeze in winter, after winter you should change to purified water, as the antifreeze is corrosive.
    It is better to add anticrustator to advoid recirculation water loop block

Quote Originally Posted by teyuchillers View Post
    To jonesnaround:

You can add antifreeze in winter, after winter you should change to purified water, as the antifreeze is corrosive.
    It is better to add anticrustator to advoid recirculation water loop block
    I have not observed corrosion caused by glycol based antifreeze. Please provide data to support claim that antifreeze is corrosive.

What is "anticrustator" ?

Adrian

I just purchased the S&A 5000 and cannot find out how to connect the alarm to the 60w red/black laser I also just bought. Any information would be great.