584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Chinese Laser Cutting and Engraving Machine TS-6040 60w - Engraving problem

Chinese Laser Cutting and Engraving Machine TS-6040 60w - Engraving problem

Hi there

First, my sincerest apologies if I'm cross posting, am just so tired of trying to find a solution. I am very new at this. I recently imported a 60w Laser Cutting and Engraving machine (Transon CNC TS-6040) from China. I am able to engrave on plastic and paper, even cut some wood, but when I try and engrave on granite and ceramic, nothing happens. I've been talking to my contact in China, but not really getting anywhere, seems we're just going in circles. My first effort, we converted the photo and then imported it into LaserCut 5.3 and then started the engraving with speed on 500 and power on 80%. It engraved extremely light and didn't look anything like what they did. I then asked her and she said that the power should only be 25%. Now it doesn't engrave anything. I have watched youtube video after youtube video to make sure that I'm doing the conversion correctly and saving to a bitmap, still nothing. Yet if I press the "Laser Contour" button on the LCD then it cuts into the granite. What am I doing wrong here? Even when I look at youtube videos of machines engraving on granite, there's actually sparks, mine doesn't make sparks. Please help!

Another thing, tested the engraving on paper and the rail that the laser is running on, seems to run into the side and then the alignment goes off. How do I fix that?

Hello, Andriette.

I don't know what's causing your problem with engraving stone, but I know I have the same problem with my K40. It started after about 9 months of using the machine. When I attempt to engrave, not enough power to cut stone yet when I press the laser test button, more than enough power. I've reinstalled the software, cleaned the optics, changed the tube, tightened the electrical connections, etc. All to no avail. I'm currently working on the assumption that the power supply isn't switching fast enough and have ordered another. It should be here in about 1 1/2 weeks. I'll let you know what happens when I get it installed. Good luck to both of us!

TS-6040 60W engraving problem

Quote Originally Posted by Andriette View Post
    Hi there

First, my sincerest apologies if I'm cross posting, am just so tired of trying to find a solution. I am very new at this. I recently imported a 60w Laser Cutting and Engraving machine (Transon CNC TS-6040) from China. I am able to engrave on plastic and paper, even cut some wood, but when I try and engrave on granite and ceramic, nothing happens. I've been talking to my contact in China, but not really getting anywhere, seems we're just going in circles. My first effort, we converted the photo and then imported it into LaserCut 5.3 and then started the engraving with speed on 500 and power on 80%. It engraved extremely light and didn't look anything like what they did. I then asked her and she said that the power should only be 25%. Now it doesn't engrave anything. I have watched youtube video after youtube video to make sure that I'm doing the conversion correctly and saving to a bitmap, still nothing. Yet if I press the "Laser Contour" button on the LCD then it cuts into the granite. What am I doing wrong here? Even when I look at youtube videos of machines engraving on granite, there's actually sparks, mine doesn't make sparks. Please help!

Another thing, tested the engraving on paper and the rail that the laser is running on, seems to run into the side and then the alignment goes off. How do I fix that?
    Hi,

If you cut and engrave other thing very well, there is no problem for the machine. Please try to decrease the speed and increase the power. Like speed 300 and power 60.

A few month ago in the Toronto trade show, we engraved on the tile. It is perfect. Because we bought some paint for laser engraving on the tile, First I paint on the tile, then our machine engraves the tile when the paint becomes dry. like the horse on the tile, you can have a look on my facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/Lasertube

Good Luck.

Thank you Tony,
    I eventually came right. The tube that was marked "this side up" ended up having to be "this side down"

Still struggling with the issue of the laser head hitting the right side and then loosing alignment. Good luck with your machine and let me know how things turn out.

Thank you. I came right, but know it can still improve. With what do you paint the tiles? Looks very nice!

thunderlaser Guest
    Hi Andriette
    If you was able to engrave on the plastic or paper, that is say the laser beam path is normal.
    I guess that might be you should be considering to the focal distance of the lens, are you sure that's right for the focal distance of lens.
    You know, i am just setting the power on 30% an speed on 500, and it will get a good the engraving result, i just used a 50 watt laser tube.
    When you press the "Laser Contour" button the LCD, i guess this time the laser tube will coming out the laser by 100% power percent.
    I think that you would check the lens whether it has some dust or the focal distance is correct?

paint

Quote Originally Posted by Andriette View Post
    Thank you. I came right, but know it can still improve. With what do you paint the tiles? Looks very nice!

I bought the paint from Laser Marking Group. However, even I used the same color paint on the tile, we got the color of pattern that had difference. I don't know the reason.