584,802 active members*
4,887 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati 1000 once per pocket failure

Cincinnati 1000 once per pocket failure

Once per pocket switch failure. After a tool change is completed when the tool drum goes back into parked position the light on the proximaty switch will go off and willl code once per pocket switch failure. Will switch the tool fine with prox light on but as soon as it parks ligh will go off and fault will come on. (I then have to rotate re align) This will happen about 1 -20 times per hour.

I can also not rotate tool drum CW with out (TOOL DRUM 1 SEARCH FAILURE) fault coming on. Will rotate CCW no problem.

Any ideas

I have had this problem before but I cant remember what causes it. I think it is one of the small orange module's on the output board but its been a couple years ago.

If you mean all the realys? I did replace them all.

Tool drum now rotating both ways after replacing relays. Proximity sensor still turning off after tool changes.

Re: Cincinnati 1000 once per pocket failure

Each time the Geneva drive unit rotates one turn the drum goes one pocket. You have a prox switch that is a feedback to the control that the pocket is in the correct position and cycles once per tool. This switch must be on when the pocket is in position and can not go off. I suggest that you may want to turn the prox switch in about 1/2 turn and tighten the nut. You may have dirt or chips in that area which is causing the switch to be intermittent. You can't turn the prox switch in to much or it will be sheared off as the drive unit rotates ( be careful ) If all else fails replace the switch. Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com

hey logger,
    why you keeping tension of this type of machine. Just take one second hand machine go ahead for your work.
    Regards,
    Saibabamachines.com

It also sounds like you may have a bad cable going to the switch. The wire inside the cable is opening when the drum goes back to park. Move the switch cable around and see if you can get the switch to turn on when in the park position.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com