585,692 active members*
4,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How do I reset SolidCAM defaults

SO...........

All of my SolidCAM learning has been through the video tutorials in YouTube and SolidCAM professor. I've been exploring the iMachining toolpaths and have been experimenting with feeds and speeds. The post processor I use in Mach3, which runs the CNC router table, is not in the SolidCAM package. However, using the Fanuc post-processor translates into Mach3 almost seamlessly. Mach3 will process the g-code generated from the Fanuc settings in creating toolpaths. In my exploration of SolidCAM, I've created a tool library for the cutters I have in my inventory. Up to this point, all the "toolpath-ing" I've been doing has worked as I've been instructed in the tutorial videos. So, I ventured into changing some of the numbers in the Machine ID for spindle RPM and the other feed settings for XY and Z to, hopefully, create a machine profile for my CNC router. I "noodled around" with changing settings in the HAAS machine ID as well as adding a material to the material database and tried to create a new machine ID. Eventually, my iMachining operations began to give me dialogue boxes stating the "RPM is too large" and the "feed is to large"....eventually, the iMachine Wizard wouldn't even function on some of the 2D iMachining operations I was trying to create.

How do I restore the SolidCAM defaults and get back to square one?

just overwrite the files if you have a back-up of your vmid,prp, and gpp before playing around with them

You can reset all settings from solidcam from START->RUN->REGEDIT->HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->and delete Solidcam entryes.
    Also if you want to restore your postprocessors data's, you must delete SolidCam and reinstal, also it can be possible to rename for safety the GPPTOOL folder and repair Solidcam.