585,743 active members*
5,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco Ultimax II

I recently purchased a Hurco BMC 20 with an Ultimax II control and I have a few questions regarding the machine and the control.
    1) How do I slow down the rapid rate? Other controls have an adjustment 0-100%
    2) Is it possible to create and edit a G-code program at the control. In my manual, it tells me how to download via an RS232 but nothing else.
    3) Will the control read/understand variables in a G-code program(IF,THEN,GOTO,etc.)?
    4) I replaced both cooling fans(top and bottom)for the card cage, but they aren't working when I turn on the power. The old fans were tied up, is there a reset or breaker switch to restore power?

to the left of the card cage is a large circuit board called the carp board. on this board at the upper left corner are some fuse holders that stand up vertical from the board. these fuses are in the 110 vac circuit for the fans. try these. do you have the manuals for the machine? your machine runs what is called hurco basic g code. the manuals would give you all the info. you can program from the control. do you have the machine in nc mode or conversational mode? it must be in nc mode.
    ron meyer [email protected]

sorry. might be the upper right corner. ron

Thanks for the reply. I found a blown fuse (FU1). That should cure my fan issue. My manual doesn't give any info on G-code. It does say "Refer to the separate publication titled Ultimax Resident Conventional NC Special Executive for detailed information." I was told that this extra manual costs $75. I guess I'll have to call hurco and order one.

if you've got a little time, i can maybe come up with a copy. hurco basic g code hasn't changed for many years. if all else fails i can send you a copy of the latest manual. if you are in a rush, call hurco and ask for steve artz. he's a good 'ole boy, and is well versed in the old machines and g code. ron meyer [email protected] 317-696-4448

I've been using the conversational programming editor, so I'm not in a big hurry. I'm going to call Steve Artz first, if that doesn't help, I would appreciate a copy of the manual. I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

greg, did you ever get an nc manual for your mill? ron

gregm1979, if you are running BNC and not ISNC (should say on the Input screen) then you don't have the If's Goto's and such.

I havent herd of the Ultimax II.... Is that the WinMax Console?

If its like the Max I have, you should be able to hit review to edit your g-code.

The Rapid adjust only goes down to 10%, approximately 50ipm for Z and 75ipm for X and Y.

Can't help you on the cooling fans, don't have the same machine as you.

Hope that helps.

-Alex
    FRC #1024 Kil-A-Bytes
    Check out FIRST: http://www.usfirst.org
    Check out the FIRST forums: http://www.chiefdelphi.com

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I had to buy a new PC because of a lightning strike, and I just got up and going. Also, I had my xy dual axis board go bad and I haven't been able to play with my machine. Should have my repaired board this week. So I haven't looked around for a G-code manual yet. If you've got one for sale I'd be interested. Qbranch, the fuse I replaced fixed my fan problem(FU1). Also, I noticed you are from Indy. I lived on the west side for eight years. Greg

Ok always nice to meet another Hoosier. I'm up on the Northeastern outskirts of the city. I can give you a copy of any VM-2 manuals that might help you, but, well, I don't think any of them would be very helpful on the new controller.
    FRC #1024 Kil-A-Bytes
    Check out FIRST: http://www.usfirst.org
    Check out the FIRST forums: http://www.chiefdelphi.com

On My Ultimax II, I go to "Program perameters" on the input screen
    to adjust the rapid rate
    Rich

greg, i work for the company, and it is in indy. however i do field service in the new england area and live on the coast of maine. was a hoosier all my life until five years ago. lived in fort wayne and worked as a tool maker. i will look for the g code manual. give me an address. ok if it is on cd-rom? ron

Ron, cd-rom is fine. I'll send you an e-mail with my address. Fort Wayne is less than an hour away from where I live now in Ohio. My in-laws live there, so we go there often. Thanks for the help. Greg

Im Not Sure Why You Want G-code Info, Ive Ran Ultimax For 10 Years We Always Used Conversational Mode Unless Cad Cam Program They All Have Hurco Post, Are You Use To Fanuc Or Fadal Or Something,

YES! you can see your G_code program via NC START Page
    press PART PORGRAM
    Select STORAGE place
    select A or B disk drive
    press ENTER key
    Press DIROCTERY LIST
    YOU can see some program name from A Or B disk drive
    select one name make Enter to see that

Hi,
    Please help me
    I have a Hurco BMC 40 with Ultimax 2.
    I bought a rotary encoder from Hurco, Germany, which one I want to substitute my old that has some malfunctions. But the Encoders that they had sent to me has 5000 cycle/rev instead mine old which has 2500 cycle /rev.
    I don't know where and how to set the new value of cycle/rev.
    The Hurco's now in Holiday.
    Can somebody to help me?
    I'm looking further for an answer.
    Mike 53